2200 custom turbo manifold - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 custom turbo manifold
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:17 AM
I'm still deciding which turbo to get but have decided to make my own manifold when the time comes. I have the black pacesetter header on right now and was wondering if you guys think its flange is usable for my manifold or would I be better off buying a flange from somewhere else. I plan on having the turbo positioned forward so it doesn't interfere with the oil fill tube.

The Outlaw
98 Pontiac Sunfire (Christine)
2200 5spd
Red with Black racing stripes.

Don't let the punks get to you. If they can't say anything helpful its because they probably
have VERY LITTLE IF ANY MECHANICAL SKILLS . Talking crap is just their way of hiding that
fact. They figure the more crap they say the less likley anyone will know how dumb they are.

Re: 2200 custom turbo manifold
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:41 AM
why dont you just get the RD Fabs manifold?

I dont think the pacesetter flange is thick enough to support the weight of the turbo. I would do a 1/2" flange, or at least run extra supports to the turbo flange to help support the weight.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:49 AM
Thanks man thats what I was thinking. I'll just order a flange. Unless you guys know where I can get a decent manifold? Probably with a T3 flange. It needs to be positioned forward to clear the oil fill tube though.

The Outlaw
2200 5spd

Don't let the punks get to you. If they can't say anything helpful its because they probably
have VERY LITTLE IF ANY MECHANICAL SKILLS . Talking crap is just their way of hiding that
fact. They figure the more crap they say the less likley anyone will know how dumb they are.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:20 PM
talk to them about one.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:45 PM
Sweet! Thanks man. Now I just need to decide on what turbo will work best for my build. I'm designing my system before I purchase anything but that is definatly the manifold I'll be getting.

The Outlaw
2200 5spd

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:13 PM
We have one instock... www.vulcanturbo.com
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:16 PM
ive got a great turbo for sale..
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:23 PM
I'm not looking to buy anything yet. Just planning it out. Funds are a little low right now.

The Outlaw
2200 5spd

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:53 PM
I would have to see pictures of it installed before I purchase anything.

The Outlaw
2200 5spd

Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:48 AM
ill throw some pics up of mine.....hoping it shows up before the weekend.

then mmmmmmm, extra boost.....

Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:32 PM
Thanks man. Vulcan, any installed pics of yours?

The Outlaw
2200 5spd

Friday, October 24, 2008 8:51 AM
pics of mine UN-installed are up in the thread that I linked to earlier, I will be putting my install pics there as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search