supercharger install bolts - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
supercharger install bolts
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:58 AM
As many of you know Im installing the GMS/C kit on my 05 cav....I got the alternator in place but the bottom bolt is like impossible to get to as well as the intake manifold lower bolt. Im sure these bolts are very important am I wrong? I also didn't have a torque wrench last night so me and my buddy were stupid and thought theres no way you could overtighten the manifold bolts so we just got them really tight and the middle right side long bolt broke right at the theads Should I take the time to remove the manifold and extract the bolt? Or not worry about it?

So my questions are

1) Are the bolts on the lower sides of the alternator and intake very important?

2) Is missing one manifold bolt going to be harmful in the future?

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Pacesetter armor coated header
-Magnaflow 22" resonator (p/n 10436)
-Vibrant CatBack
-TTR Upper and Lower motor mounts

Re: supercharger install bolts
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:30 AM
its better to say take it apart and remove the broken bolt and get a new and yes the alternator and intake bolts are important. i shouldnt be that hard to get to the lower intake manifold bolts.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:31 AM
Yeah the lower support bolt for the manifold sucks! I had to use a wobbly 3/8th and a air ratchet to get mine tight. As for the lower alt bolt, you can get ot it pretty easy from under the car. I'd say remove and extract the broken bolt, you'll probably be ok with it broke just wont seal correctly and you'll lose some boost

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 12:07 PM
Ive been rocking no manifold bracket bolt since I've been boosted.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:12 PM
any other suggestions....cause as of now Im going on without the lower intake bolt or the alternator lower bolt....and Im not gonna replace the long manifold bolt either for now....

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Vibrant CatBack
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:58 AM
You really need to ATLEAST get the lower alt bolt in for support. It needs to be in the alternator already when you slide the alt into the engine bay. That probably where you went wrong

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 7:26 AM
ya i know thats how we got the top two in but its such a pita....with the top two bolts it feels very very secure....

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Vibrant CatBack
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 8:32 AM
K. Vega..Mr. M62 L61 himself. wrote:Ive been rocking no manifold bracket bolt since I've been boosted.

if you mean the bolt on the bottom of the intake manifold, i dont have that one either

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 12:01 PM
i cant see how hard it is to install the lower intake bolt is the alt in the way to get it, i know i did that first before the alt went in. and i also did it from under the car. with hand tools

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 12:39 PM
evilmonkitar wrote:
K. Vega..Mr. M62 L61 himself. wrote:Ive been rocking no manifold bracket bolt since I've been boosted.

if you mean the bolt on the bottom of the intake manifold, i dont have that one either

yep thats what I'm referring too.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search