HUGE Fuel Problem. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HUGE Fuel Problem.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:18 PM
So i have a hahn racecraft stage one turbo on my car, and i have been having the worst fuel problem ever. I cannot get my F.P. over 55psi. I ended up taking the tank down and realized that the blue clip fuel line had snapped off, so i replaced the pump, and put another new filter on, and then i go to start my car without the external pump fuse in to make sure it gets the right psi stock, and my car will turn on and automatically shut off. Its like its not getting enough fuel. All the hoses are routed the right away.

Then when i hook up the external fuel pump, it runs idle at 50psi, but i dont know what i reach when i hit boost as it was to dark to drive around and watch the gauge. Ill get back with more info tomorrow.

Re: HUGE Fuel Problem.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:35 PM
well your not going to get any pressure with the fuse out thats for sure. maybe your fuel regulator took a @!#$? you may need a bigger one (if sold) how much boost you running?

13.22 @ 105.2
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:00 PM
well, according to Hahn racecraft, i should still be able to run 55psi without the external fuel pump and with just the stock fuel pump running. Its stage one, so only 5 psi, 6 at max. I dont think the F.R. took a @!#$, but i guess we will see. Its still goes up and down when i turn it with the allen key.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:15 PM
So you swapped out the pump for the other one, good.
Are you using the gauge you barrowed from me?

You should have some one drive with you to watch the gauge,

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:07 PM
Yes. the stock pump that was in the car originally, the BLUE CLIPPED fuel line had snapped off at the top of the pump, why i dont really know. never would have guessed it unless you dropped the tank.

The Fuel pump that is in there is brand new, and it works fine. I was worried about how when i take the fuse out of the inline fuse for the external fuel pump, why the car will just continulously stall, like its getting no gas. Is it because it needs the External Fuel Pump to run to get gas or what? Seems very confusing.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:08 PM
Brett, i was going to call you and ask you what you thought about this, but i didnt have your phone number saved. Do you know if you pull the fuse out of you external fuel pump, do you know what it does to the hole car system or what?
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:46 PM
if you pull the fuse out it will stall...cause your cutting the fuel pump from the cercuit... thats normal

13.22 @ 105.2
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:51 PM
the fuse is the in line fuse for the external fuel pump, not the stock fuel pump. Do you get what im saying?

Stock Pump is completely connected, fuse and relay in and working properly.
External Pump is not connected, in-line fuse is pulled out.

The car rarely starts, and when it does start, it will stall.

Stock Pump is completely connected, fuse and relay in and working properly.
External Pump is connected, fuse and relay in and working properly.

The car seems to run fine at idle. (Did not get a chance to test run it since it is to dark to drive.)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:45 PM
what external pump you talking about?

13.22 @ 105.2
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:40 AM
external fuel pump, supplied by hahn race craft.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 6:03 AM
My car runs fine with the extenal pump fuse pulled. It hjust doesn't make any pressure when in boost. The stock pump will not make over 60psi by it self.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:51 AM
Yea, I dont know why my car stalls with the fuse pulled out. Thats why im trying to get some opinions on what it could be.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 1:51 PM
Check for full and proper voltage at the stock pump. It's also possible that the new pump is no good. Just cuz it's new doesn't always guarantee it works properly.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:24 PM
yea i understand what your saying, but the old pump did the same thing. At first it was fine, but its been since i changed the fuel filter. Ill put the other one back on and see how that goes.
Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:07 PM
so itook it out today, and it has half of a tank, and it seems like the external pump cuts out now and then. Im going to check the wires for the pump, Maybe im going to need a new external pump? I dont really know. Something is deffintely wrong with my system if i cant turn it on stock.
Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:42 PM
update. It was a ground wire for the external fuel pump. The car is somewhat back to normal as i can disconnect the external fuel pump and the car is fine but its only at 30psi.

My brother said he thinks its sometihng with the fuel pressure regulator. It could either be there or the external fuel pump. I dont really know which one, but i did notice that my car seems to be normal for A/F Ratio. What do you guys think?
Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:53 PM
my other question is. could it be my boost/vacuum line. I do realize that my boost gauge, i never go in the vaccum and i heard that i am supose to. It could be the hose for the gauge but i doubt it. I always hit boost no more than 6psi so it seems to be work. But could it be the Signal hoses on the car?
Friday, November 21, 2008 8:19 AM
Ryan Snyder wrote:my other question is. could it be my boost/vacuum line. I do realize that my boost gauge, i never go in the vaccum and i heard that i am supose to. It could be the hose for the gauge but i doubt it. I always hit boost no more than 6psi so it seems to be work. But could it be the Signal hoses on the car?

Where did you hook up tour boost gauge ? If you want it to read vaccum, it needs to be hooked up to the intake manifold.

Friday, November 21, 2008 6:38 PM
okay. so that answers that question. thats fine. I personally think its something wrong with the external fuel pump or the or regulator.
Friday, November 21, 2008 7:21 PM
How are your A/F ratio readings now ? Explain.....11s in boost ? 13-15 cruise ?

Sunday, November 23, 2008 10:38 AM
well .idk. its all over the place. i cant stand it! maybe we can meet up and go for a spin.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 2:08 PM
Get a hold of me, you have my number. I PM'd you my number.
Hows your fuel pressure ?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search