Stock Clutch + Supercharger - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stock Clutch + Supercharger
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:23 AM
Ok, would a stock clutch stand up to a supercharger for very long or would I be dumb to put on a supercharger and wait 6 months for a clutch?

Re: Stock Clutch + Supercharger
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:30 AM
for what engine? some have gotten by w/ a stock clutch w/ an eco supercharger. i was doin fine until i wheel hopped at the track. so i replaced my trans and put in a spec clutch when i had it dismantled.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:34 AM
I was running a Centerforce clutch when I put in the SC. It held up OK until several hot laps at the strip. Then it slipped and was pretty much toast. Installed a Spec stage 2 and all has been well. If you are gonna beat on it I would recommend a better than OEM clutch.

Labrat
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:37 AM
the stock one in mine has held up for 105,000ish boosted kms with no slipping and me and the previous owner were not easy on it thats for sure
but that is just with the LD9 M45 combo

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:46 AM
carey965 wrote:the stock one in mine has held up for 105,000ish boosted kms with no slipping and me and the previous owner were not easy on it thats for sure
but that is just with the LD9 M45 combo

And yet just one more reason why LD9 ftw...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:52 AM
I have a 2004 eco and I just want mild bolt ons with the charger. Im not looking at beating on it too bad but I just wanna make sure I don't get stranded if I floor it every once in a while.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:01 PM
You should be fine

The kit was designed to work with a stock or slightly modified car so you should have no problems

And ld9 ftw

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:42 PM
the m62 was just as an accessory as the m45 was to the ld9 from GM.
I was still on the oem clutch and was perfectly fine with it until The throw out bearing started making noise.
The Oem clutch was fine when It came out of the trans and looked to have plenty of life left.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:45 PM
i have the ld9 with a turbo running 10psi daily and hard riden daily with a stock clutch and its holding up great, only slips when i really try to fly thru the gears

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:53 PM
85k on my stock LD9 clutch when I sold the car, 30k or so of that was boosted, clutch was still great when sold.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:25 PM
My stock clutch never slipped and I beat on it. I have alot of faith in them.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 7:59 AM
Thanks! and I know this is a little off topic but I have read some threads that you don't want to use a stock exhaust when boosted. I have all stock exhaust except for a muffler. Can I get by with that or would I just have to upgrade my cat?
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 11:04 AM
I won't try another answer, just listening.

Labrat
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 11:44 AM
like i said the kit was designed to work with a stock car with stock everything so you are perfectly fine
you are reading way to much, put it on and enjoy it

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 12:45 PM
carey965 wrote:like i said the kit was designed to work with a stock car with stock everything so you are perfectly fine

there are a couple of us that have melted the stock cat when using the stock ehaust...it is not pretty when that cat comes off.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:06 PM
Ok, So as long as I get a high flow cat I will be ok? Thanks. And Ill try to enjoy it.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:15 PM
I blew a hole the size of a dime out of the weld where the exhaust connects to muffler, Time to Upgrade!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:50 PM
Jason Brantner wrote:Ok, So as long as I get a high flow cat I will be ok? Thanks. And Ill try to enjoy it.

A larger exhaust will improve the power gain from the s/c.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:54 PM
I would go 2 1/2 all the way but Im on a budget with the charger. Exhaust will get upgraded eventually, along with alot of other stuff.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:53 PM
carey965 wrote:like i said the kit was designed to work with a stock car with stock everything so you are perfectly fine

x2

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 7:07 PM
Tinkles wrote:
Jason Brantner wrote:Ok, So as long as I get a high flow cat I will be ok? Thanks. And Ill try to enjoy it.

that goes without saying but you dont have to have a bigger exhaust to run the blower

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 7:10 PM
carey965 wrote:
Tinkles wrote:

that goes without saying but you dont have to have a bigger exhaust to run the blower

I know, but you'll be surprised how many people dont understand "supporting mods".

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 7:59 PM
A bigger exhuast will help but is not needed. I am going on 3yrs with my car supercharged and a stock exhaust. Sometimes it is nice to keep it quiet so you can enjoy the sound of the sc

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:42 PM
i remember when homiej put his blower on he still have a completely stock exhaust and the only sound was the blower whine
made me want to put a stock exhaust back on cause mine is so damn loud you can barely hear it till like 4 grand

Thursday, November 27, 2008 1:59 PM
carey965 wrote:i remember when homiej put his blower on he still have a completely stock exhaust and the only sound was the blower whine
made me want to put a stock exhaust back on cause mine is so damn loud you can barely hear it till like 4 grand

I have a full 2.5" exhaust on mine, header and everything...and it's quiet as stock Lose the fart cannon(s) and you'll develop a whole new love for the whine.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search