my ohv build (almost done) - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my ohv build (almost done)
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 10:18 PM
well i am almost ready to fire up the build that i have been working on for about a year the car is a 95 2.2 and heres a list of the mods.

1. new half shafts
2. 3 angle valve job
3. 20 over with wiesco forged pistons
4. eagle h beam rods
5. polished crank as well as balanced
6. all clevite 77 bearings
7. msd dis-2 plus
8. msd coils and interfaces
9. taylor 8mm wires
10. arp head and main studs
11. new melling oil pump
12. cometic headgasket
13. eliminated a/c
14. bell intercoolers intercooler
15. brand spankin new garrett gt3271 turbo
16. synapse engineering bov
17 tial 38mm wastegate
18. new 220 powdercoated alt.
19. innovate lc-1 wideband
20 prosport egt
21. apexi avc-r and or turbo xs boost controller
23. aeromotive 1.1 fpr
24. all earls braided hoses for oil and fuel and nitrous
25. 75 shot nitrous (nos) polished bottle and lines etc...
25 new radiator, powersteering pump, rack and pinion
26. new freeze plugs
27. block how tanked and line bored for studs
28. all polished 2.5 inch intercooler piping and clampco clamps as well as hts couplers
29. all new nordskog instruments digital guages to monitor vitals
30 ford lightning injectors with injector impedance box
31. new water pump , oil pan etc...

tell me what you guys think and thanks to everyone that has helped and gave advice along the way!! i will post pictures tomorrow! a few questions though

1. what boost should i start at?
2. what kind of oil should i fire it up with?
3. just need to watch oil pressure and fuel pressure upon start up right?
4. also we have a engine primer at my work that i can use but my question is has anyone on here used one? i am getting mixed reveiws about using it.

thanks everyone
jason

Re: my ohv build (almost done)
Thursday, December 04, 2008 4:13 AM
How is it being tuned? OBD1 right? Since it's the first fire up, i wouldn't risk much boost; go with the lowest possible and tune up from there to where you want it to be. It would totally suck to have such an awesome build go down the hopper because you fired it up and romped on it to 20 PSI before it was tuned.

What are your goals with this build - the GT32 is no slouch and should support ~400hp... Are you using the 75shot off the line, or in conjunction with the spooled-up turbo?

Thursday, December 04, 2008 7:19 AM
i will not use the nitrous for probley the first 6 months after its tuned fuel wise , i think i might pick up a safc, i have no hp goals as of yet, so i should set the wg to like 3 psi or 6 maybe? also i will use the aeromotive to tune the fuel as much as possible but will try to tune fuel with that before a safc.

thanks
jason

Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:27 AM
Have you actually started it yet since the build? If you're running the stock flash on the ECM, you'll have a hard time getting it to stay running at stock fuel pressure with 440cc/min injectors (lightning, ford green tops). Maybe look into some of the companies that flash OBD1 chips, and get a good base tune before you start it. Check out v6z24.com - those guys have more experience with OBD1

Thursday, December 04, 2008 9:57 AM
no havent started it yet as i am still having to mount the wastegate and finish the return side of the intercooler piping, cant i turn down the fuel with the aeromotive adj regulator? also i have a walbro 255 that i have not hooked up as i do not think that i will need it as of yet, ill give that website a try!!!

thanks
jason

Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:49 AM
such a clean build and bs tuning. please get this professionally tuned. this seems to be one of the few ohvs with serious potential. you did the engine right so do the tuning right as well. and once you lay down those awesome numbers post up on the org and do this dance for the ohv haters

Thursday, December 04, 2008 12:12 PM
so you are suggesting to go the chipping the ecu way then right???

thanks
jason

Thursday, December 04, 2008 12:32 PM
I would suggest a standalone.....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, December 04, 2008 3:23 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:I would suggest a standalone.....
x2 or find someone extremely smart when it comes to mega squirt.

Monday, December 15, 2008 6:52 PM
I would also have to recommend something like megasquirt. Those are too much mods for a FMU or SAFC. You need a true solution. megasquirt is basically the only answer.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search