map sensor trick? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
map sensor trick?
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:40 PM
can anyone explain how to use a check valve to trick the map sensor from gettin the positive pressure, i found a few read ups but none actually explain the whole setup of it. Thanks

Re: map sensor trick?
Thursday, December 04, 2008 7:02 AM
This is only used in boosted applications so people don't damage the sensor or throw a code, it does not give any kind of performance gain. I never had a problem with my 1 bar throwing a code or damaging the sensor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 04, 2008 7:04 AM

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, December 04, 2008 6:29 PM
this car is turbocharged, 2200 sfi, just finished installing intercooler and turbo, when we set the blowoff for around 2-4 pounds, it works alright, but over that any the car backfires and puts on the engine light, the scanner tells me that random missfiring and a p0107 code that says something to do with the map sensor, is this caused by the positive force on the map sensor?
Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:52 PM
Any local store should have a check valve made by that company HELP!, basically you have to take your MAP sensor out of your intake manifold and run a vacuum line to it, but then in the middle of the vacuum line cut it and put the check valve in so that air can only be sucked through it and it blocks air from being pushed through to the MAP sensor.... Hope this helps, ive done it on a couple hondas before.
Friday, December 05, 2008 8:42 PM
yes but you would need to put a extremly small hole on the map sensor side for vacum bleed off . you dont want the map sensor to always read vacum .

if you arent spraying your just playing !!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search