Is there anyone out there running..... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is there anyone out there running.....
Friday, December 05, 2008 6:44 PM
Anybody running The hahn stage II kit with a mild engine build like rods pistons and valvetrain? I'd like to see a dyno sheet to get an idea of what kind of power/torque it'll make below 3000rpm....

1997 Sunfire SE

Re: Is there anyone out there running.....
Friday, December 05, 2008 6:55 PM
I am 24 psi 4 gear spining son...i loved it!!!
Saturday, December 06, 2008 8:59 AM
Was that you only mods besides the turbo kit? Rods, pistons, and cams? Did you have the stock redline or changed it? What was it like for daily driving, power under 3500rpm, etc?

1997 Sunfire SE

Saturday, December 06, 2008 9:03 AM
steve, i have a question for you. maybe you can help me as hahn is trying but gone for the weekend.

Do you remember what orings you used for your Fuel rail adapter, and what color they are. I had a rubber oring on it, but its spliced, so i need a new one. but then for the nipple, i dont know what oring goes on that.
Saturday, December 06, 2008 9:19 AM
Ryan: If you can come out to my house and find the fitting in my garage, it's there somewhere, you can have the O-Rings LOL.

I had the HRC kit on my stock motor. 222HP 224 lb/FT. The line is all wavy because the AFRs were all over the place. This is before HP Tuners came out and right before I discovered the connection between the VSS and the fueling on the Ecotecs.

Ignore the gay advertising on the bottom. Imageshack does that now.

I hit 301WHP on a Stage 2.5/3 as well, just to say I hit 300 on a stock motor.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:07 AM
you live in IL, i live in PA. id be there in a heartbeat if it was close. Anyway you can do it for me, and send me them. ill pay ya some loot.
Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:27 AM
If I can find it I'll send them to you. All you need is a rubber o-ring from NAPA. Just bring in the adapter and match up one that fits snugly.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 10:37 AM
what about the nipple ring. what size is that? is that a rubber one also.
Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:10 AM
Hypsy, the numbers on the graph say 222HP 224 lb/FT, but the highest point in the HP line on the graph is up to ~240hp.

Also, what do you mean stage 2.5/3?

Ryan Snyder wrote:what about the nipple ring. what size is that? is that a rubber one also.

The PM button below the username is functional you know....

1997 Sunfire SE

Saturday, December 06, 2008 11:49 AM
Michael Antle wrote:Hypsy, the numbers on the graph say 222HP 224 lb/FT, but the highest point in the HP line on the graph is up to ~240hp.

Ryan Snyder wrote:what about the nipple ring. what size is that? is that a rubber one also.

1) Read what I posted. It tells you exactly why the lines are all over the place.
2) I mean just that. It was a stage 2 kit with a different FMU disc and injectors. It was a custom setup from Bill himself
3) He asked for your help. Deal with him posting it here. Sheesh.

Saturday, December 06, 2008 1:08 PM
Michael Antle wrote:Hypsy, the numbers on the graph say 222HP 224 lb/FT, but the highest point in the HP line on the graph is up to ~240hp.

You're reading the graph wrong.

Blue = Horsepower
Dark Blue = Torque

Max horsepower occured at approximately 5750 RPM
Max torque occured at approximately 4000 RPM

They are plotted against their own scale (HP on left, Tq on right). <--- It's mathematically impossible for torque and horsepower to not equal each other at 5250 RPM. I was going to say something about the dyno miscalculating the horsepower when I saw the lines cross at 5400 RPM, but that's when I saw that they had completely different scales.

I have no signiture

Saturday, December 06, 2008 4:04 PM
Thanks hypsy.

That guy wasn't asking for my help. I have no idea who steve was.

1997 Sunfire SE

Saturday, December 06, 2008 9:12 PM
michael, i apologize for asking help in your forum. I figured i would get answers in here, instead of making my own topic due to you were asking about hahn. i apologize.
Sunday, December 07, 2008 7:02 AM
No problem. wasn't a big deal. I just hate it when a thread goes so far off topic it's like 6 pages long and has probably 4-5 posts of on topic info. I hope you find the parts you were looking for and get that thing boosted asap!

1997 Sunfire SE

Sunday, December 07, 2008 8:43 AM
yea. ill let you know how stage 2 is as i just bought the upgrade kit. since hahn had an awesome special for it
Sunday, December 07, 2008 10:51 AM
I have the stage II on my 03 cavalier. I have been driving it as a daily driver lately and it does not seem to effect the driveability below boost. I am currently looking for a new way of fuel management such as the hahn port fueler or hpt much because of the same spikeyness due to AFR being everywhere. I am still undecided on which to buy, I would love the portfueler but it is much more expensive that HPT. I love the kit, quite a noticeable difference in power well worth the money. My engine is stock for now but rods and pistons are coming soon. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Monday, December 08, 2008 10:47 AM
Thanks Adam. The car will be my daily driver during the dry months, so I don't want to be having to rev it too high to make a little power.

2002 Cavalier "LS Sport"

Monday, December 08, 2008 4:32 PM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:Ryan: If you can come out to my house and find the fitting in my garage, it's there somewhere, you can have the O-Rings LOL.

I had the HRC kit on my stock motor. 222HP 224 lb/FT. The line is all wavy because the AFRs were all over the place. This is before HP Tuners came out and right before I discovered the connection between the VSS and the fueling on the Ecotecs.

What afrs were you reading? do you have a read out of them? also was this on a dynojet or Mustang Dyno?

Monday, December 08, 2008 8:53 PM
K. Vega..Mr. M62 L61 himself. wrote:
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:Ryan: If you can come out to my house and find the fitting in my garage, it's there somewhere, you can have the O-Rings LOL.

What afrs were you reading? do you have a read out of them? also was this on a dynojet or Mustang Dyno?

DynoJet at Hahn Racecraft way back in 2004 or 2005. AFRs were 13.5 at the fattest and 16.0 at the leanest. That's why I started trying to figure out a way to add fuel. Remember, this was BEFORE HPT was anything more than just a dream for us!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search