Ecotec Exhaust Flanges in t-304 Stainless... - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Exhaust Flanges in t-304 Stainless...
Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:13 PM
We've been searching for a steady dealer for these now, and so far they have all failed us...

Sourced one company out and had them custom design one... THEY SENT US ONE IN MILD STEEL WHEN WE WANTED T-304 and we were told we would be getting that. I will refrain from naming that company, but they are complete morons...they got our request to make the port wider than the stock exhaust gasket... but completely got the wrong material. Upon calling them, he then told us he machinery cannot handle the T-304 stainless as its too hard on it..

We purchased 2 of these Ecotec Exhaust Header Flange Set GM P/N 88958632 direct from crate engine depot which they state on their site they are stainless steel. We called and were told by them before ordering that indeed they were SS. When we received them, they were mild steel as a magnet stuck right too the SOB's and called them up and bitching them out too.

Now that we're fed up with being dicked around, does anyone know any other sources who are selling these flanges either in 3/8's or preferably 1/2" stainless T-304? As of right now, we don't care about trying to stay cheap, we're hoping no more than $125 for a flange in 1/2"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:16 PM

Re: Ecotec Exhaust Flanges in t-304 Stainless...
Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:53 PM
http://www.jbodyperformance.com/new/PartDetails.php?partId=718&catId=718&catName=JP0718

Just be careful with these guys, they don't have the most solid reputation. I'm going to pick one up in person for my own manifold.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Sunday, December 14, 2008 6:08 PM
I work with a few local shops, im sure i could get them made up in REAL 304SS for ya. Shoot me an email or a PM. Since the 304SS are not as popular im sure you'd have to buy at least 10 at a time to get a decent price.
Sunday, December 14, 2008 7:31 PM
i had the same problem from gm ordered the stainless recieved a mild plus ive never checked it but the ports looked way to big, you can try and contact aaron at turbo tech i got some 3/8" 2.4 flanges off him for a good price

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:30 PM
Boosted2point4 wrote:i had the same problem from gm ordered the stainless recieved a mild plus ive never checked it but the ports looked way to big, you can try and contact aaron at turbo tech i got some 3/8" 2.4 flanges off him for a good price

Correct we supplied Brandon with his. We would CNC machine them in house. I think we can meet the price you would like as long as you ordered enough at one time (lot size)

Our CNC here can do with EASE 304 SS.

We were in the $125 range to start with when you contacted us, and you stated we were high... Most likely because the "other guys" were quoting a 1018 cold rolled steel or somthing....

PM us if you want us to look into this for you.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 2:44 PM
Aaron - the only concern I had with going through you guys was that you told me something about a hole being circular? Below is the stock L61 gasket...

If your flanges would look like the one next to the gasket, I will be in contact with you soon.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:56 PM
Cody@RDFabs.com wrote:Aaron - the only concern I had with going through you guys was that you told me something about a hole being circular? Below is the stock L61 gasket...

If your flanges would look like the one next to the gasket, I will be in contact with you soon.

No you did not under stand or follow.

All of our holes for the manifold studs are OVAL. EXCEPT 1, which is round (same as the gasket you show, look in the upper right corner, by the EGR port, it is a circle hole, all the rest are "oval/slotted")

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search