Going Supercharged - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Going Supercharged
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 6:58 PM
This is take two of my other thread that was locked because someone thought I asked what I needed to go supercharged, and I didnt. Plus it was in the wrong spot. OH WELL

Im gonna piece my kit together one thing at a time, Right now I am just looking around for the parts, but mostly gonna go for suspension and wheels right now.

Im gonna get Tein's basic damper coilovers, front and rear sway bars, and 'vert strut bar. Wheels havent decided yet, but tires are gonna be nitto invo's.

Here is the Supercharger list put together by Beck on cobaltss.net. Its geared for a 2.4 eco, so some things will be different.

Parts List
• Parts List:
• Eaton M62 Supercharger
• Supercharger Gasket
• Stock LSJ Intake Manifold
• Intake Manifold Bottom Mount
• Intake Manifold Gasket (Part #12597855)
• 2.5 Bar Map/Intake Temp Sensor (on upper left of LSJ manifold)
• 2.5 Bar Pigtail (Part #88988320)
• Bosch/LSJ Intercooler Pump
• Intercooler Pump Mounting Bracket (rebelautoworx.com)
• Cobra Heat Exchanger (Used from a 03 Mustang Cobra)
• Cobra Heat Exchanger Brackets (custom or bwoodyperformance.com)
• 42.5# Injectors (recommended)
• Injector Harness
• Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge (THIS IS NOT AN OPTIONAL ITEM!!!)
• Boost/Vacuum Gauge
• Stage 2 Belt (Part# 12597993; requires one rib be cut off)
• Custom Idler Pulley with Mounting Bracket (rebelautoworx.com)
• Extended Upper Radiator Hose
• Coolant Reservoir Tank (Cobalt or Ion Recommend)
• NGK Copper Spark Plugs (Part#)
• SS/SC intake
• 10ft. x ¾” I.D. Hose
• 10ft x ¼” I.D. Hose
• 4ft. x ½” I.D. Hose
• Small and Large Hose clamps.
• 3 x 1/8th NPT ¼” Barb Fittings
• Self Tapping Sheet Metal Screws (Mounting H/E brackets)
• 6M 25mm Bolts
• 6M 90mm Studs with Locking Nuts
• 8M 50mm Bolts
• Water Wetter Coolant
• 1/8th NPT Drill Tap
• 21/64th Drill bit (for the 1/8th tap)
• Zip Ties
• Electrical Tape
• Plastic Wiring Sleeves

Re: Going Supercharged
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:00 PM
good luck with the m62

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:26 PM
So you copied someone else's build list? And why for a LE5? You do know a SS/SC intake does not fit a J.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:36 PM

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:30 PM
If they did it right, then yes I will use it, and besides, you can only do this one way anyway, so why try and do it by myself, and end up using 99% of the parts on that list anyway.

I was under the assumption that the lsj intake manifold fit the l61, seeing as its the only supercharger manifold for the ecotec.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:40 PM
The SS/SC intake does not fit a J, the LSJ intake mani does fit a L61.

Dustin Slaven wrote:If they did it right, then yes I will use it, and besides, you can only do this one way anyway, so why try and do it by myself, and end up using 99% of the parts on that list anyway.

So you're coping someone else's build because you cant plan your own?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:12 PM
Yes?

Are you gonna go on a roadtrip without a map so you know where youre going just because someone else did all the work for you?

So the lsj intake manifold doesnt fit in the jbody? why?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:20 PM
The intake mani DOES fit, the intake(you know, the piping with the filter on the end of it) DOES NOT. Did you alteast ask Beck if you can use his build specs?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:24 PM
Sorry, I was reading what you said as "intake manifold" and yes I know the ss/sc intake wont fit thats why I said in my first post, that this list is based around a 2.4, but they are all the same parts just some things will be different. You are the first to point out the first difference. so props.

If he put them on a public forum then no I didnt ask, and I didnt get them from him anyway, someone else had brought it up.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:29 PM
Also what are you doing for tuning and what pulley do you plan on running?

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:39 PM
Well I am gonna go with a custom stage 2 setup. Probably a 2.8 pulley will be ok with the H/E, I dont know if thats too small or not.

Ill hopefully have it tuned by the guy I am wanting to buy the m62 off of, he lives 3 hours away from me. His name is Area 47 on cobaltss.net

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:49 PM
So HPT?

Its been posted on here that a 2.8 overspins the M62. I personally wouldnt go lower than a 2.9.

Just alittle insight, im going to be running a 3.0 pulley, LSJ injectors, and the GM reflash. Thats just to get the car to where it needs to go. After that it'll be Seimens 575cc injectors, HPT, and maybe a 2.9 pulley.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:52 PM
Yeah, but I am still stock right now, with no money and still in debt. I probably wont even have everything I need by next summer. Cause I am starting with suspension first.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:55 PM
I just read that you dont really have to worry about overspin until you get over 7k rpms.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:03 PM
I've got the whole kit brand new for sale.... Check the NE region section. I'll even throw in a set of LSJ injectors with 400 miles on them...

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:12 PM
Here is a lot of good information I am finding on cobalt ss
This is on pulleys and the belt

To run the LSJ belt with 1 rib cut off, you need the LSJ tensioner pulley, and the LSJ idler pulley
To run the LSJ belt with all 6 ribs, you need the LSJ tensioner, the LSJ idler, the LSJ crank, the LSJ AC pulley, and the LSJ alternator pulley

Here is a paint diagram of the pulley placement

so basically, the idler on the LSJ is in the same spot as the tensioner on the L61.

Get custom 10.1-1 pistons from wiesco

Also, I found someone selling a set of sportlines for 100shipped 5k miles on them. I think I might jump on that instead of going for coilovers, or just get coilovers later.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 10:50 PM
Cody@RDFabs.com wrote:I've got the whole kit brand new for sale.... Check the NE region section. I'll even throw in a set of LSJ injectors with 400 miles on them...

Its a good offer, but it would take me a while to save up that money. I doubt you would still have it by then. Plus I can probably find all that stuff new and piece it together for a whole lot cheaper, and have more money to make more power.

Supercharger - 250 with 5k miles
New 60lb injectors with harness - 219

those are all the prices I have so far, haha.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:31 PM
Dustin Slaven wrote:Here is a lot of good information I am finding on cobalt ss
This is on pulleys and the belt

To run the LSJ belt with 1 rib cut off, you need the LSJ tensioner pulley, and the LSJ idler pulley
To run the LSJ belt with all 6 ribs, you need the LSJ tensioner, the LSJ idler, the LSJ crank, the LSJ AC pulley, and the LSJ alternator pulley

Here is a paint diagram of the pulley placement

so basically, the idler on the LSJ is in the same spot as the tensioner on the L61.

Get custom 10.1-1 pistons from wiesco

Also, I found someone selling a set of sportlines for 100shipped 5k miles on them. I think I might jump on that instead of going for coilovers, or just get coilovers later.

thats right about the tensioner and idler being in the same spot.
there's a boss on the 2.2 block that needs to be ground down for it to fit right I believe. And I think if you use the 2.2 idler, you run into belt slippage problems with the s/c

but why custom 10.1:1 pistons? wiseco already makes off the shelf 10:1 for the 2.2 eco

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:40 AM
read here. save your time and get the kit. 2.8" pulley on stock internals and you won't go far on that, even w/ a heat exchanger. now quit basing it off the 2.4 and look on here before your next reply.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 4:36 AM
Damn, will i have the same problems gettings the bolts and crap needed for my L61?

I bought supercharger parts from a stock LSJ as well, dont have everything.. Hope i dont run into all that trouble..

Im getting stock LSJ pulley, injectors, and a GM reflash, then i will buy HPT, 3.0 or maybe 2.9 pulley, and 42lb injectors, i have a wideband and i'll try tune it..

My CarDomain!!! --- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543660
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:19 AM
Lefix wrote:Damn, will i have the same problems getting the bolts and crap needed for my L61?

I bought supercharger parts from a stock LSJ as well, dont have everything.. Hope i dont run into all that trouble..

Im getting stock LSJ pulley, injectors, and a GM reflash, then i will buy HPT, 3.0 or maybe 2.9 pulley, and 42lb injectors, i have a wideband and i'll try tune it..

yes you will have the same problem. plus you can't get the reflash then use HPT unless you have another ecu to use. the reflash locks the ecu and cannot be changed afterwards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:20 AM

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:27 AM
Not to mention that pesky 6250 redline and 108 top speed limiter that you get w/ the reflash. Just a couple drawbacks to running the gm flash, I'm sure there are others...

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:37 AM
Skunk wrote:Not to mention that pesky 6250 redline and 108 top speed limiter that you get w/ the reflash. Just a couple drawbacks to running the gm flash, I'm sure there are others...

you mean 6500 redline

top speed limiter is annoying, couldnt even do a full pull in 4th on the dyno because of it

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:43 AM
evilmonkitar wrote:
Skunk wrote:Not to mention that pesky 6250 redline and 108 top speed limiter that you get w/ the reflash. Just a couple drawbacks to running the gm flash, I'm sure there are others...

you mean 6500 redline

top speed limiter is annoying, couldnt even do a full pull in 4th on the dyno because of it

gotta love the ion redline limiter .
152 or 156mph forget which one but once you reach that everything shuts down till 60mph hahahah .
i suggest you hptune if you're gonna do it on a cavy that governor must suck

Lols.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:31 AM
Im still in the planning phases, so thanks for telling me that finding the kit stuff is hard to get ahold of. I may just stick to buying suspension right now, and keep putting money away for the kit.

I also want to move out of my parents house, but I havent set on a place to live

its between, kansas city, houston or lake city florida

and I want to start college soon, but I need to find a school and see if I can get any money from the pell grant. But you only find that out, once the school looks into it for you or something.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 12:30 PM
My full kit is for sale in the classifieds, it includes everything that came with the GMPD S/C kit and comes with complete intercooler (heat exchanger) setup, cobalt SS alternator, GM Reflashed computer, Its a complete bolt on kit that would get you into the low 14's or high 13's (providing you get traction).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search