Cobalt heat exchanger?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cobalt heat exchanger??
Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:07 PM
Out of curiosity. Does anyone know if a factory Cobalt SS/SC heat exchanger would fit on a J?

Re: Cobalt heat exchanger??
Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:19 PM
I thought about the same thing before I ordered mine. But when I looked into there stock HE is about the same size as there radiator. They all either add a aftermarket one and run it with the stock one or completely remove the stock one. Aftermarket H/E's are pretty cheap to.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 3:24 PM
Im not looking to use it(i have a cobra h/e sitting right next to it). Im just curious if it might be possible to sell it.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 4:17 PM
It's between their radiator & condenser, fairly tall and thin. I'd go with the cobra style heat exchanger you can find on ebay. Works well and not too expensive...

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 8:09 PM
you could use it , i have no idea why you would want to

cobra heat exchangers are popular, i have a cx racing one thats a bit bigger thats really nice

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 3:47 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:you could use it , i have no idea why you would want to

Airtonics wrote:I'd go with the cobra style heat exchanger you can find on ebay.

reading over the both of you. yes he should have mentioned it in his original post...

Tinkles wrote:Im not looking to use it (i have a cobra h/e sitting right next to it). Im just curious if it might be possible to sell it.

prob won't be able to sell it on here. maybe on a cobalt forum. or scrap the metal.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:10 AM
I would run the CXRacing heat exchanger if it fits.
There are 2 different models, one is larger and will more than likley require too much hassle for the worth to fab it up.
The other one is a little bigger than the cobra h/e, so not as much fitment issues, AND it's a dual pass and will cool more efficiently.

http://www.ottperformance.com/Cobalt/Ion-Cooling-Mods/c2_24/p30/Heat-Exchanger-Kit/product_info.html

Lols.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:54 PM
Tinkles wrote:Im not looking to use it(i have a cobra h/e sitting right next to it). Im just curious if it might be possible to sell it.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008 2:58 PM
Tinkles wrote:
Tinkles wrote:Im not looking to use it(i have a cobra h/e sitting right next to it). Im just curious if it might be possible to sell it.

i'd have never guessed it by the replies.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:44 AM
daythecountrydied21 ok wrote:I would run the CXRacing heat exchanger if it fits.
There are 2 different models, one is larger and will more than likley require too much hassle for the worth to fab it up.
The other one is a little bigger than the cobra h/e, so not as much fitment issues, AND it's a dual pass and will cool more efficiently.

Just because you may be content with the cobra doesn't mean that there might not be someone scrolling through the pages who could go with the CXRacing for a few more bucks and have a more efficient system....

Lols.
Thursday, December 18, 2008 10:57 AM
This thread wasnt intended for someone to find the best of the best h/e, there are already threads about that. All this thread was meant for was to see if anyone knew if a stock cobalt ss/sc h/e could fit in a J.

Thursday, December 18, 2008 11:02 AM
In that case I 'm gonna say no

Thursday, December 18, 2008 6:57 PM
well at any rate i think the best response goes to "scrap the metal". .

Lols.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search