Where to get?? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where to get??
Saturday, December 20, 2008 2:40 PM
Im looking for a T3 .63ar stage 1 5-bolt turbine housing. I know you can get them through like atp and other sources, but does anyone know any good online places to get like used for housings or anything? I dont realy feel like paying a few hundred for a turbine housing alone so just wondering if anyone knows any other good places. Or if anyone has any junk yards around them with any 2.3 ford turbo cars and wouldnt mind checking them out Id appreciate it. Sorry if this shouldnt be in the boost forum, its kind of a wanted ad but Im looking for sources to find them.

Re: Where to get??
Saturday, December 20, 2008 10:39 PM
What are you looking to pay? We're a Garrett distributor and have access to a few used turbo's...

Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:01 AM
Depends on the condition and what its from I guess so shoot me a price. Id rather not pay over $200 like most new though.

Sunday, December 21, 2008 2:37 PM
Also, if for some reason you needed/wanted to keep a turbine housing on it I have a few .48ar t3 standard 5-bolt housings I could send to ya.

Monday, December 22, 2008 8:31 PM
All the used ones in our possession have all been rebuilt. So unfortunately we're about $250 more than you want to spend. Cheapest in our ball park are in the 450-$500 range for a used/rebuilt Garrett. Brand new are around 700-800 for Journal bearings.

We're not going to sell something to someone that we have no idea of its condition. Which is why they have all been rebuilt. Sorry bud.

Lemme poke around a bit more and see if someone else we deal with may have something a bit cheaper other than Garrett.

Monday, December 22, 2008 8:55 PM
All I need is the turbine housing itself, no center bearing section, no compressor housing or wheel or turbine shaft. Just looking for the turbine housing with a .63ar. Thanks again for the help I appreciate it

Monday, December 22, 2008 11:31 PM
Ok, I e-mailed someone who I know that may have one in his possession. I will let you know what he says.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 5:43 AM
What make is it for?

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 7:00 AM
Do you mean what make of car or company turbo? Its for a garrett t3 super 60, but Id like to upgrade the .48ar turbine to a .63ar housing. Any T3 stage 1 5-bolt housing should work, these came factory on many cars such as mustang svo's, thunderbird turbo coupes, merkur's, many of the old ford 2.3 turbo motors and maybe some buick turbo's if they have the T3 flange instead of the strange buick 3-bolt

Tuesday, December 23, 2008 10:47 AM
Try the marketplace on the honda tech forums, it's a gold mine

http://www.honda-tech.com/

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Monday, December 29, 2008 11:33 AM
Any word Cody?

Ive looked through the hondatech classifieds, but didnt find what I was looking for. Your right about a goldmine though, they have like dozens of for sale pages from within like one month, and thats only is the forced induction section!

The cheapest new housing Ive seen is this one, which Im realy looking for a 5-bolt outlet
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPA-Turbo-63-A-R-T3-exhaust-turbine-hot-housing_W0QQitemZ350103537588QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search