LD9 Supercharge install - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LD9 Supercharge install
Saturday, January 10, 2009 3:46 PM
Ok I was wondering that if I install the gm supercharger for a 98 z24 ( ld9) how long would it take to install it? because I was thinking of doing it myself and wanted to know

Re: LD9 Supercharge install
Saturday, January 10, 2009 3:48 PM
1-10 hours.

Depends on skill.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Saturday, January 10, 2009 11:43 PM
mine took about 8 hours at a local shop...had a feller put it in, he never installed anything like it before but he has a racing background so managed quite well. But when he installed it he took a peak to see what people were charging for install time and it was ranged from 7-10 hrs.

Sunday, January 11, 2009 12:51 AM
You should be able to get it in about 8 hours maybe less your first time. The part that took me the longest was getting that mother @!#$ POS brake booster vaccum tube line out of the way. It is bolted to the block and the sharp square tab welded to the tube seemed to get caught on every single @!#$ wire on the way out. You will have to wiggle and twist and wiggle and twist it some more to get it out.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:03 AM
I know this is off topic...but wade I can't believe your selling your car, its awsome! Where the s/c bracket screws into where the factory intake was it had corroded and took him an hour to clean it out to get the s/c bracket bolt down though.

Sunday, January 11, 2009 6:33 AM
isnt too bad of a install

make sure you zip tie your coolant lines far away from your belt.

and what you using to delete your EGR? (hp tuners)

Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:30 AM
Wow 8 hours?! Only took me 3 1/2 and i had never even seen the install instructions.

Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:39 PM
I cant say how long it took me. I was installing my new motor at the same time lol.

Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:21 PM
ecotecpower wrote:Wow 8 hours?! Only took me 3 1/2 and i had never even seen the install instructions.

lmao everything's easier on the ecotec.

And I should've been drown in the rivers I've found in token lost...
Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:05 PM
took me and my dad only 4 hours to do the install. It's super easy.

Sunday, January 11, 2009 8:25 PM
z yaaaa wrote:
ecotecpower wrote:Wow 8 hours?! Only took me 3 1/2 and i had never even seen the install instructions.

lmao everything's easier on the ecotec.

How do you figure that?? This thread is about the ld9, which is what I was talking about. The LD9 kit took me 3 1/2. My ecotec took 8

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search