ohv turbo questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ohv turbo questions
Sunday, January 18, 2009 6:34 PM
i have the log style mani with a external gate and i cannot get the rear bolt for the wastegate in has anyone else had this problem?? also my downpipe looks like its gonna hit the lower radiator hose that goes to the motor ???????????

thanks!
jason

Re: ohv turbo questions
Monday, January 19, 2009 6:51 AM
Please be a lil more specific....... What is blocking the wastegate? My guess would be your alternator bracket crosses right there. If you have a log mani that is set up like mine I had to customize the stock alt bracked so that it kept its strength and was bolted up the same but was a different shape. I'd show you a picture but I cant link them here at work.

Also yes that big coolant hose that runs off of where the thermostat is can be a problem. You may have to customize that as well. I managed to fit my downpipe in just by it, but i have my downpip protected my exhaust wrap, and the hose itself, to protect it from the heat.

Monday, January 19, 2009 9:05 AM
no i am talking about the rear bolt for the external wastegate, trying to put it in from the top it hits the "log" on the mani, from the bottom the head of the bolt will not go completely through, also i cannot fit a nut in the bottom to thread on to, am i supposed the thread all the holes in the manifold?

the coolant hose i will deal with and what size is your downpipe??????

Monday, January 19, 2009 9:10 AM
I would ask whoever built your "kit" .... This should have been thought of during R&D...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, January 19, 2009 11:14 AM
Yeah, sounds like you got the cheapy ebay log mani, and thats your problem.

You can either
a) thread the hole so that you don't need a nut
b) grind and cut til it fits, then have any holes you made welded shut.
c) try to return it and get a better mani.

The downpipe is pre-fabbed? Who made this kit??

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:46 AM
What I did with mine so that didn't happen was weasel the bolts up from the borrom so the nut is on top.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 9:23 AM
Jazer Esquire wrote:What I did with mine so that didn't happen was weasel the bolts up from the borrom so the nut is on top.

yeah, weasel them up from the borrom....whatever that is

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:26 AM
yea i grinded my bolt down and the nut a little lol .. wont go that route again i will buy other than ebay .. and as the down pipe you will have to get some one to do some good bends that is what i had to have done ...
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 3:02 PM
cool thanks guys!! and gals!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:08 PM
ended up tapping the mani and will deal with the downpipe soon

thanks guys!!!

Saturday, February 07, 2009 7:21 PM
my father in law is a machinist... so i am all set.

----------------------------------------------------------------
www.bradsairsoft.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search