would i still make boost with a thrown rod....? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
would i still make boost with a thrown rod....?
Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:27 PM
what going on guys.. just wondering if i would continue to make boost with a thrown rod.... basically diving with some other guys one night and realize a wield whistle form the engine had no idea what it was... there was no knocking of any sort just a whistle the car ran fine
pulled into wail mart realized i lost almost all of my oil threw a hole in the oil pan.... bought some oil and put it in then took the car right home.... some friends dint think i threw a rod and some do... what you think let me know if you know anything about anything..... whatever.. i was thinking of getting an oil pan and slapping that on to see if it ran right or whatever... but i dint know pretty much i dont want to spend an ass load of cash to fix this thing... let me know.....thanks

Re: would i still make boost with a thrown rod....?
Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:54 PM
I don't think you threw a rod. You would know it if you did because the car would not run. I would take a good look at the oil pan and try to figure out just how it broke.

Also fill out your profile so we know what you are working with.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:56 PM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Sunday, January 25, 2009 6:56 PM
umm, wow..

why dont u take the time and check it out the right way instead of putting a band-aid on it.

take the time to do it right the first time around, for all you know it could have bottomed out and put a hole in the pan, or more serious buisness has happened

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:23 PM
Take it to a dealer.... and say,

"FIX IT PLEASE"

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, January 25, 2009 7:28 PM
^LOL. So, you don't want to spend a lot of money to fix it yet you risked the entire motor driving it home instead of getting a tow truck. Wheres the logic?
Do you have an oil pressure gauge...did it ever drop?

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Sunday, January 25, 2009 9:38 PM
well its been sit in in my garage since the problem.. and seeing on how wal mart was about 3 min from my house that would prob be the reason i didn't waste the$$$$$ on the tow.... but anyway Wade if you check this im no mechanic but i know my way around my car... i was running my 8 psi even after the prob occurred.. that day i changed the oil and everything was fine..( yes the plug was put back in... ) i drove the car later that day and thats when it happened... but there is actually a hole in the oil pan.... but after i took the turbo off and put my stock head back on i threw some oil in to start the car... the oil did come out pretty fast but the car ran fine no knocking nothing... so really im just seeing what people think about my prob.... thanks..... if it helps i drive an 05 pont sunfire garret t3 turbo sorry i just haven't did my profile yet..
Sunday, January 25, 2009 9:46 PM
Is it possible you hit something that cracked your pan?

I would have dropped the pan, if you threw a rod you'd have a lot of problems and it would not "run fine".

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:02 AM
So you have 2005 sunfire. Which means that you have the 2.2 ecotec.And you are saying there is a hole in the oil pan. Would the hole happen to be over buy the crank pulley? Because there is a little freeze plug thing on the pan buy the crank pulley that could of come out... Just a thought..
Monday, January 26, 2009 10:24 AM
yes!! actually its right under the crank you can look up into the motor and see the crank etc.... but ya what is a freeze plug the hole is almost perfect if you know what im saying not very messed up or rigid looking... but anyway ya a 2.2 eco.. im planning on patching the hole filling it up with some oil and seeing how it runs...... any suggestions or whatever please let me know... thanks a lot!!!
Monday, January 26, 2009 12:01 PM
go get a new freeze plug, and put it in....dont be JB weldin the hole shut.

Monday, January 26, 2009 3:01 PM
freeze plug?

what freeze plug?

pictures of said freeze plug? i've never noticed one before...

Monday, January 26, 2009 3:29 PM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:freeze plug?

what freeze plug?

pictures of said freeze plug? i've never noticed one before...

blind you are, lol

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Monday, January 26, 2009 3:41 PM
???Why would a freeze plug be on an oil pan???? there used for coolant so if the coolant freezes it will have a place to expand to and wont (hopefully wont) crack the block. Why would there be one in or on the oil pan that just dosnt make sense at all. so im with the squirl on this one........WHAT FREEZE PLUG??? PICS PLEASE
Monday, January 26, 2009 3:42 PM
you know what i will go home tonight since my 2.2 eco is out and laying in my garage will snap some photos we shall just see about this.
Monday, January 26, 2009 6:06 PM
haha well i dont think it is a freeze plug so thats kinda out of the ??? but i was under it tonight actually you guys are gonna get pissed but i filled it and drove it... loud because the turbo was taken off but ran ok i guess im just stuck.... anyway.. i drove about a mile and it sat at idle for about 5 min no leaking.... ?????? check the oil and hour later and was still full... i just dont know what im looking at im going to try and take and upload a pic so you guys can see...also i dont think its on the oil pan its just a little right of where it ends right under the crank....directly...
Monday, January 26, 2009 6:45 PM
ok i cant add the damn pics ahhhh
Monday, January 26, 2009 6:55 PM
CIMG0713
Monday, January 26, 2009 7:13 PM
OKAY... check my profile and look at the only pic i could get to upload..... the hole is almost directly in the center of the pic its small so look close... the pic is from the back side of the pan thanks
Monday, January 26, 2009 7:16 PM
picture is too small.

is the internet really that difficult?

I'm still confused as to why a freeze plug would be in the oil pan.. I'm taking some pictures of my ecotec pan when I get home after work tonight (about midnight)

Monday, January 26, 2009 7:20 PM
for me its hard ha anyway i dont think there is any sort of freeze plug soo ya but i will check back on to see if you posted any pic im going to try to make it bigger but who knows..
Monday, January 26, 2009 7:25 PM
ok its bigger but a lil blurry

Monday, January 26, 2009 7:28 PM
thats it im going out side right now and snapping some pics i dont have an account with any picture site so ill post it on my facebook and send you guys the link how about that??? ill be back in like 10 min i got to dig it out of the @!#$ hole we call a garage
Monday, January 26, 2009 7:47 PM
ill be waiting
Monday, January 26, 2009 7:55 PM
im uploading them right now they were taking with my cell phone so it may be hard to see them plus i had to tip my engine block on its side and hold it up to take the pics not an easy task. but i got the job done. please be patient with me im almost done i will have the link in the next post.
Monday, January 26, 2009 7:58 PM
take your time..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search