turbonetics evolution? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbonetics evolution?
Saturday, January 24, 2009 7:15 PM
I was thinking of ditching my tial 38mm for a turbonetics evolution 38mm for space since it is a smaller unit, any feedback on this wastegate. Im using an extension pipe to move my wastegate because the tial is too tall to bolt right to my turbo mani becuase where the flange on the mani is, and would just like to be able to bolt the wg right to it for a cleaner setup and less chance of leak. Does anyone know the height of the evolution, or even better a comparison pic would be great.

Re: turbonetics evolution?
Sunday, January 25, 2009 9:16 PM
Anyone?

Monday, January 26, 2009 6:58 AM
no personal expirence, but I havent heard anything bad about it.

I think Aaron has them, and would know more about longevity and performance.

Monday, January 26, 2009 8:27 AM
i have one, and im getting rid of it for a tial. i think it needs a new diaphragm is all. i want a tial 38mm. i have all the springs for mine and everything. its still on the car so no real pics. i do have some though of when i bought the wastegate... if they would help.

Monday, January 26, 2009 9:10 AM
Actualy vincent if you could do me a huge favor and measure it from top to bottom and across the diaphram I would realy appreciate it. The main reason Id get it over the tial is for space,and would like to see if I could actualy fit it the way Id like before buying one.

Why do you think yours needs a new diaphram? How does it perform?

Monday, January 26, 2009 10:18 AM
well the car is in storage and my wastegate is on the bottom so its a major bitch but i will see what i can do to get a measurement. ill give it a shot.

as for the diaphragm. what it will do is, mind you this is in 4th gear, it will go to 6.5psi, then to 9 which is the spring i have in, then 12, then 15, then i can hear the wastegate fully open and it drops down to 9 or 6.5 it has to be the diaphragm.

Monday, January 26, 2009 2:29 PM
Forgot your wg mounts to the bottom of your manifold, that would make things a pita lol. But whatever you can do Id appreciate it man. My tial has a 7psi spring in it, but I see about 9-10 from all the extra cfm of air my big ass compressor side is flowing.

Vince do you have an mbc or anything inline with your wg vacume line that could cause it to spike like that? I remember I had a certain style mbc that was hooked up wrong and it would do that.

Monday, January 26, 2009 5:47 PM
nope no boost controller, dont want one. if i had one i would turn it up and i dont want that option id trust the spring if it worked right... ill try to get the measurement.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 8:53 PM
i just sold mine on ebay thats sucks i woulda sold it to ya, got 150 for it, new in the box, wend with turbosmart instead.

sorry
jason

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 9:14 PM
dang. wish i said something sooner lol. oh well. and icemike, i tried to get back there to measure today, cant get down to the wastegate at all the way mine is in there... sorry.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:45 PM
Its cool thanks anyway vince. Guess Ill try searching around online and see if I can find anytihng more on it.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:20 PM
yeah you might get lucky. unless you wait til spring. then min has to come off to shave the manifold... i figured you dont want to wait that long though haha.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:32 PM
Mike I have a solution to your wastegate problems.

clicky me first

clicky me second

Windy City TurboZ
Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:32 AM
Haha, if only I had the money Luke.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:17 AM
holler at me if you decide to get rid of the tial 38mm.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 10:56 AM
I have my eye on a turbonetics evo, not even sure if it will fit the way I want it to but maybe Ill pick one up and see what happens lol. If it does then the tial will be for sale

Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:13 PM
please let me know. thanks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search