00+ LD9 Supercharged Guys - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
00+ LD9 Supercharged Guys
Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:43 AM
How long have you guys been running the gm s/c kit on your car w/ stock internals with no problems? Just curious because I currently have a 03 cavalier w/ the ecotec w/ full bolt ons and was looking into s/c the car. However now I am thinking of trying to do a LD9 w/ the M45, turning the 03 into a daily and see how I like it? Any opinions? You will be at about the same estimated horsepower adding the s/c to the ld9 as you would w/ the ecotec right? I have always been all about the ecotec and has never given me any issues, just now I want to try something new. Any opinions would be great. Thank You

Re: 00+ LD9 Supercharged Guys
Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:21 PM
The L61 and M62 combo will produce more power than the LD9 and M45.

Tinkles
v. intr.
1. To make light metallic sounds, as those of a small bell.
2. Informal To urinate.
v. tr.
1. To cause to tinkle.
2. To signal or call by tinkling.
n.
1. A light, clear metallic sound or a sound suggestive of it.
2. An act or instance of tinkling.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:34 PM
Tinkles wrote:The L61 and M62 combo will produce more power than the LD9 and M45.

He is right. The only advantage to the m45 and 2.4 is the supercharger is cheaper and easier to install as well as the GM reflash for the 00-02 2.4 can be changed with HP tuners. The gm reflash on the ecotec can not be changed, you would need to get a fake1 bar tune created once you get to the point where the reflash is not what you want or need.

IMHO the best option is this.
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=159955&t=156468&p=1

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:42 PM
I would much rather have an m62 eco over an m45 ld9. Swapping to a smaller sc and motor that is not produced anymore would have no advantages other than being cheaper imo.

Stick with the eco, and if you want to pay full price for the sc setup piece the m62 kit together(which is a pita) or look for a used kit on here.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:09 PM
130K+ miles.

No engine work.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:10 PM

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:17 PM
icemike89 wrote:I would much rather have an m62 eco over an m45 ld9. Swapping to a smaller sc and motor that is not produced anymore would have no advantages other than being cheaper imo.

Stick with the eco, and if you want to pay full price for the sc setup piece the m62 kit together(which is a pita) or look for a used kit on here.

I was trying to buy Josh Johnson's (03supercharged) S/C Kit however he hasn't got back to me. I have the money and I'm ready to make the purchase. He knows I am ready and now I don't know if I want to buy the kit cuz I don't know what will happen throughout the transaction as far as communication.
Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:26 PM
I've had the charger on my 01 auto for about three years 40,000mi and tuned it with HPT with no issues. I'd say once you have a boosted cav and aren't looking to buy any other cars for performance that a N/A cav would just be a disappointment to drive on a daily basis. I'd say boost the one you've got and tune it right and it will be just as reliable as it was before hand.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:18 PM
Ran mine for one summer...20,000kms or something like that...daily driver and go to the track most tuesday's to the test and tune and have had no problems. Reliable, good low-mid power, love it on the street. Plus love the whine Getting some upgrades done now, can wait to get it tuned.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:28 PM
get josh's number from him if you are interested in doing the purchase with him, that way you can call him instead of waiting for a PM.

been boosted on a built motor for 10k+ miles, and a few thousand on the stock motor, no major problems. only problem is i lose a little bit of oil between oil changes but i think i know why, just too cold to mess around with the car.

its fun.

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Friday, January 30, 2009 5:55 AM
evilmonkitar wrote:get josh's number from him if you are interested in doing the purchase with him, that way you can call him instead of waiting for a PM.

been boosted on a built motor for 10k+ miles, and a few thousand on the stock motor, no major problems. only problem is i lose a little bit of oil between oil changes but i think i know why, just too cold to mess around with the car.

its fun.

I used to have Josh's number however I don't have it anymore. He sounds like a great guy to do business with. Does anyone have his phone number they can pm me?
Friday, January 30, 2009 6:03 AM
Josh has already emailed me back. Misunderstanding. Thanks for your help guys.

Friday, January 30, 2009 7:47 PM
2.4L s/c kit is only good for one thing. the 2bar map sensor, and reflash. that's it.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Friday, January 30, 2009 7:47 PM
my 01 has been boosted since 3449kms and it now has about 109,000kms with all the bolt on's as well with no problems yet

Saturday, January 31, 2009 7:56 PM
boost the ecotec as you have that all ready.

I had a 96 z24 with every bolt on and meth/water injectio with the gm s/c kit on it and i had zero issues. loved it.

but if i was in your shoes, work with what you have.

Sunday, February 01, 2009 4:37 AM
SuperPyrofreek(Now With Boost) wrote:I've had the charger on my 01 auto for about three years 40,000mi and tuned it with HPT with no issues. I'd say once you have a boosted cav and aren't looking to buy any other cars for performance that a N/A cav would just be a disappointment to drive on a daily basis. I'd say boost the one you've got and tune it right and it will be just as reliable as it was before hand.

I have to dis-agree. My N/A Z24 will out run alot of GMSC Z24's. You have to build them right is all. I do not mean this as N/A is the only way to go either. Just N/A can be just as fun.

FU Tuning

Sunday, February 01, 2009 8:52 AM
boosted it at 90,000km ... 200,000km now. the SC idler pulley needed replacing around 180,000km, and i did the head gasket on the car this past summer... took care of all the maintenance items around the timing chain.. so it should be good to go for a good while longer i think.

14.82 @ 97 mph
Thursday, February 05, 2009 7:25 PM
i have issues that is all....lol

if i did it again... i would go with the ecotec.

"If you have no clue what's going on... STFU!"
Monday, February 09, 2009 8:44 AM
John Higgins wrote:
SuperPyrofreek(Now With Boost) wrote:I've had the charger on my 01 auto for about three years 40,000mi and tuned it with HPT with no issues. I'd say once you have a boosted cav and aren't looking to buy any other cars for performance that a N/A cav would just be a disappointment to drive on a daily basis. I'd say boost the one you've got and tune it right and it will be just as reliable as it was before hand.

I have to dis-agree. My N/A Z24 will out run alot of GMSC Z24's. You have to build them right is all. I do not mean this as N/A is the only way to go either. Just N/A can be just as
fun.

Let me add to my statement that I was referring to a stock motor as opposed to going boost. John's correct though, all motor can produce some great power too if you do it properly.

Monday, September 26, 2022 8:46 PM
To anyone still in this forum with the supercharger, what is the fluid inside it and how much does it need? I am getting the supercharger powdercoated but it has to be disassembled first.

Also, are there any cold air intake kits that work with the supercharger?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search