Bolt sizes for Eco Fidanza flywheel. Anybody know? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bolt sizes for Eco Fidanza flywheel. Anybody know?
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:26 PM
Bought a donor car with an Ecotec & auto. Planned to swap in the Ecotec into my '02 (2200) 5spd car. Bought a new Ecotec 5spd trans, blah, blah, etc. Got the Fidanza flywheel. 2200 uses a fine thread, Eco uses a standard thread, so I didn't have bolts to mount the Fidanza to the Eco. Went to the GM parts dealer, had him look them up. Told me three days. Not being one who likes to wait, I asked what the size of the bolt was to go get six local. He gave me 10mm X 1.5 X 16.
Went to Fastenal and bought some grade 8 bolts matching the size.
Turns out, I think he gave me the exact size flex plate auto bolts I already had. Too short to mount a flywheel with. I went to NAPA and picked up a set of 10mm X 1.5 X 25. Threads seam a little tight but so do the ones that came out with the flex plate. Just longer. Now my problem is I don't have a set of six bolts to mount the pressure plate to the tabs on the flywheel. Fastenal didn't have a bolt to match it and said they seemed to be a 9/32, but they don't make a grade 8 9/32 bolt. He suggested tapping it out to a 5/16. Don't want to do that.

Long story short, I need bolt sizes for the flywheel to crank bolts and the pressure plate to flywheel bolts. I know some of you have done this swap, but I think all of you have used a 5spd Eco engine. Some one please help. I'm somewhat mechanicly capable, but right now I feel dumb. Did I take a wrong turn somewhere?

Re: Bolt sizes for Eco Fidanza flywheel. Anybody know?
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 1:21 AM
cant help ya i ordered mine from the dealer.... i didnt mind waiting.... didnt keep my old ones either....

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 1:48 AM
Don't happen to remember the size either?

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 2:04 PM
Found the right flywheel to crank bolts. Now I need pressure plate bolts.

Monday, June 11, 2007 8:59 AM
Well, I just found this out over the weekend. To save someone else the hassle of asking after not getting a response while searching (if that happens) the bolt size is: 10mm (width) x 1.25 mm (thread pitch). I'm not sure of the length, however.

Monday, June 11, 2007 11:24 AM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:Found the right flywheel to crank bolts. Now I need pressure plate bolts.

btw, did you get them through GM? if so, got a part number? How about a measurement the length?

thanks

Monday, June 11, 2007 4:38 PM
muffin wrote:Well, I just found this out over the weekend. To save someone else the hassle of asking after not getting a response while searching (if that happens) the bolt size is: 10mm (width) x 1.25 mm (thread pitch). I'm not sure of the length, however.

10mm X 1.25 X 25 i believe

Pressure plate bolts are 7mm X 1.0 X 20
Just make sure they are Grade 8 or higher.

Monday, June 11, 2007 9:55 PM
hmm... do you have any way to measure the bolts from base of the threads (just below the hex head) to the end of the bolt?

basically the blue area:

=======| <--- that's the bolt, hex head facing out

I'm trying to figure out if part number ARP-203-2802 from Summit Racing will work. The bolts are 10mm x 1.25mm x 1.05 inches

25mm = 0.98 inches, so I think I'd be fine providing there is enough clearance for the head of the bolt.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search