Which trans do i need - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Which trans do i need
Saturday, June 20, 2009 10:43 AM
Ive searched but there are so many threads not answering my question. I have an 04 with the eco. Which trans do I have? F23? I need to replace it, what trans can I put in it? any others besides this one? Like if i can get an older parts car, say, 2000, will the trans work?

Re: Which trans do i need
Saturday, June 20, 2009 10:57 AM
Only the Cavalier/Sunfire/GrandAm with the Ecotec motor. Nothing else will work.

Yes, you have the F23.

Saturday, June 20, 2009 10:59 AM
thanks a lot, I was pretty sure i had the f23 but i doubted for some reason when i heard they are in cobalts.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:00 AM
ok guys so i got my new trans, pulled outta a cavy, traded my old bodykit for it....
anyways is there any special process to removing the slave? I only got one and don't want to screw it up.

Friday, June 26, 2009 12:53 AM
You have to take the tranny off the motor to get to your slave.

Friday, June 26, 2009 6:17 AM
why would you replace the trans w/o the clutch and slave?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, June 26, 2009 8:14 AM
the trans is already off, and ill be using my clutch i have now. I have 2 transmissions by the way. Or would you reccomend just replacing the whole trans with the junkyard unit?

Friday, June 26, 2009 1:46 PM
Whats wrong with your old one in the 1st place?

I would just throw the whole junk yard one in there.

But I hope you got it off a wrecked car. If you got it off a car that didnt look like it took a hit on the streets, its probably in there cuz the motor/tranny took a dump.

Monday, June 29, 2009 4:50 PM
yeah rear end collision. and the one in the car now was replaced by the warranty company and the slave went up, which they refuse to replace.

I'm paying a guy I know to get my clutch usable again. Hes gonna charge the same to replace the whole thing or just the slave, since you gotta pull the whole trans anyway, i was thinking just swap em whole.

Friday, July 17, 2009 4:53 PM
My repair is done but i have a quick question. Did F23's come with diff bell housings? The mechanic said he could use the slave but the trans wouldn't line up??????????????

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search