NEED HELP ASAP!!! clutch/tranny issues - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEED HELP ASAP!!! clutch/tranny issues
Saturday, June 20, 2009 7:10 PM
hey guys, well i have a 2000 cavy z24.....i blew the motor up 2 years ago....good old connecting rod bearing on cylinder #2 , LOL........well anyways, i baught a motor from a 1998 sunfire GT, 2.4l.......what i need to know is......in order to mate the 00 5spd getrag tranny (14 spline 1"dia) with the 98 2.4l motor, what clutch package do i have to purchase....i know they say there different from 95 - 99 and 2000-02......but what exactly is different?the slave cylinder? pressure plate? friction disc?? and is there anything i can do to make this work? without having to buy another tranny or motor.......also i just baught a fidanza lightweight flywheel to fit the 98 motor, so im trying to make this work.....or else ill have a expensive paperweight on my hands

anyways im really hoping someone can help me out with this, no one in my town seems to know anything, even the GM dealership

you can contact me on here , or directly @ cfodchuk@tbaytel.blackberry.com

thanks is advance

Cory Fodchuk (cavycory)

Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!! clutch/tranny issues
Saturday, June 20, 2009 11:25 PM
Just use the getrag flywheel and clutch / pressure plate..... you shouldnt have any transmissions compatibility issues..... the real problems your going to run into is the engine....(wiring stuff)

Since your car still has the tranny its supposed to in it.... you should be fine in that department and the earlier 2.4 should just bolt right in like the other one.... (putting a getrag in a 98 car is another story)

Once everything is bolted in (should bolt in like its supposed to be there) you have to use an earlier 2.4 wiring harness from the firewall forward if I remember correctly..... maybee the older ECU also.... although there are people here that can give you a complete list. My memory is foggy on this subject...

YOu did say that your just swapping out the 2000 LD9 for a 98LD9 and using the getrag tranny thats already in there right?

Re: NEED HELP ASAP!!! clutch/tranny issues
Sunday, June 21, 2009 10:40 AM
Yea, I'm I'm just swapping out the 00 LD9 and replacing it with the 98 LD9, just didn't know what clutch set up to get...you said to get a clutch set up for the year 00-02, do u know if the pressure plate will fit onto that fidanza flywheel I got for the 98 motor??....as for the wiring ive been told that all I need to do is fab up something for the knock sensor, put 00+ injectors into the 98 motor, use the 00+ intake(non-egr) and the exhaust manifold from the 00 and I should be fine...lol I guess ill find out one I get this thing together and turn the key :S lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search