2.2 auto trans. problems. - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 auto trans. problems.
Saturday, June 20, 2009 11:18 AM
seem to being having a big problem with my transmission in my 2000 automatic 2.2. last july i got it rebuilt because when i shift into reverse or drive it made a really loud clunking noise into the gear and my engine would pretty much rock forward or back depending on drive or reverse. i just had it rebuilt again under warranty and i'm having the same problem still. also i had my engine mounts replaced 2 months before i did the transmission last year and i just had my mechanic look at the car yesterday because of the rocking of the engine and he said the lower engine mount was completely shot already.

anyone ever hear of this happening. i'll post a video up when i can get a day when it isn't raining to show how much the engine moves and everything.

Re: 2.2 auto trans. problems.
Saturday, June 20, 2009 1:59 PM
lower mount is what i was going to say. get a polyurethane one, it'll be cheaper than a stocker, iirc the urethane jobber is like $25, and the stocker $45.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:04 PM
alright, thanks i was thinking of picking up an rk sport one and just doing it myself. my mechanic is redoing both on tuesday under warranty so we'll see what happens.

should i pick up an rk sport or are there other ones i should look into as well?
Sunday, June 21, 2009 10:57 PM
or should i just replace both mounts with rks or something else?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search