95-99 Short Throw Question - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95-99 Short Throw Question
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 12:45 PM
I can't find any anymore for my 96 GT...... anyone know a cheapish decent place i could get one? Or anyone have one?

Thanks.

Re: 95-99 Short Throw Question
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 5:48 PM
keep watching ebay, only place they'll pop up from time to time, or in the classifieds.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 9:03 PM
^^^ i agree.

the b&m has been discontinued and are very hard to find. however i think its fidanza? or maybe bomz racing?... either way whichever one its the one thats sold on ebay still. like rich said... they will pop up from time to time.

actually spent 30 seconds and found one for ya... here.

PFFT secret cams?! pm me if you want a real upgrade.
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 10:16 AM
Thanks... hope it is still there by the time i get my next check. =P I am trying to figure out what should be in priority... if you know what i mean.
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 7:18 PM
i'd wait a few weeks honestly. i paid about a third of that ralco unit for the same exact shifter.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 9:10 PM
SpeedRacer made me Mine....

And I honestly LOVE IT!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, July 09, 2009 9:21 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:i'd wait a few weeks honestly. i paid about a third of that ralco unit for the same exact shifter.

Where, on ebay?

And you can make them?
Thursday, July 09, 2009 11:09 PM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:SpeedRacer made me Mine....

And I honestly LOVE IT!

Chris

Something tells me our shifters are very similar, and makes me wonder why people don't make their own if they have access to a welder. I spent $0 to weld in a 1" long round stock extension and scrounge up some plate steel to shim it up so it wouldn't hit the floorboard.

Friday, July 10, 2009 11:07 AM
^^^ mine isnt exactly 'short throw' persay but it is hella custom...

it consists of a 95-99 cage with supports welded throughout it, a 97 grand am spring loaded shifter cut down with a hurst rod welded to it (its still shorter than stock) with a screw on ball. its freakin SOLID and feels amazing. i bought an ebay short throw shifter to use the aluminum base and the hard shims etc to further it.

PFFT secret cams?! pm me if you want a real upgrade.
Friday, July 10, 2009 1:57 PM
Damn nice.... i may just hack off a little bit of my rod untill i buy a real short throw for performance because it look hella gay atm sitting high like a damn truck shifter...(not really THAT bad but u get the point lol.)
Friday, July 10, 2009 5:41 PM
ohvrolla wrote:
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:SpeedRacer made me Mine....

And I honestly LOVE IT!

Chris

Something tells me our shifters are very similar, and makes me wonder why people don't make their own if they have access to a welder. I spent $0 to weld in a 1" long round stock extension and scrounge up some plate steel to shim it up so it wouldn't hit the floorboard.

Its a 95..........

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, July 10, 2009 10:58 PM
GTmatters wrote:Damn nice.... i may just hack off a little bit of my rod untill i buy a real short throw for performance because it look hella gay atm sitting high like a damn truck shifter...(not really THAT bad but u get the point lol.)

The key is to cut the shifter assembly BELOW the pivot point and weld in an extension. Doing so requires less throw above the pivot for the same travel below the pivot. You can also shorten the shifter up top, but it's not as effective and more for aesthetics.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search