tranny problem - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tranny problem
Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:26 PM
i have an 03 cavy with a 4speed auto. the car has about 105000 on it but i had replaced the tranny at about 70000 cuz it broke in two. the newer tranny had about 35000 on it

Ok so here's my problem when u shift from park to drive the car jerks it also dose it when u go from neutral in to revers. also when your driving it it jerks when it shifts in to a higher gear. but it doesn't do it until it worms up a little bit if the car sits for a day or two it wont do this right away ill get like a mile from my house and ya this sh*t starts.

dose anyone know what it could be? if the tranny starting to go out im thinking of switching to a 5 speed

any help would be grate

Re: tranny problem
Monday, October 19, 2009 10:49 AM
Sounds like a working transmission...

Monday, October 19, 2009 11:20 AM
yes it works but when it jerks its violent its not just a little jerk it kinda feels like if you would rev it up in neutral and slam it in to drive
Monday, October 19, 2009 1:17 PM
Seems like a force or line pressure issue...your internal valving that controls shift firmness may be malfunctioning. You may need a pro to diagnose and correct the issue. Make sure the fluid and filter are in good shape first.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Thursday, November 05, 2009 6:28 PM
Sounds like hes describing what a autotrans interceptor feels like on level 10. Which leads me to agree its a pressure problem, likely too much pressure.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search