What ATF are you running? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What ATF are you running?
Friday, October 30, 2009 11:19 AM
Just curious to see what what everyone is running....

I get a feeling it will be M1, and for those who do, how is it shifting? (Auto)

I just did a Dex III flush/fill on the wife's 03 at 50k....and from here on out, it gets changed every 30k.......

And I'm doing a dex VI flush/fill on the Balt pretty soon.

But I'm undecided on what to use for my 04.

I've though M1, Wolf's Head Uni Synthetic ATF, or good old Valvoline Dex VI (it is a Full syn)

I've got time, but I'm thinking of stocking it soon....

Re: What ATF are you running?
Friday, October 30, 2009 4:19 PM
I'm running B&M's Original TrickShift in my TH125C / 3T40 / 3 Speed. I know a few that have used B&M's Synthetic TrickShift in their 4T40E / 4 Speeds.

Friday, October 30, 2009 10:09 PM
Mobil 1 synthetic 5spd eco
no drastic changes, seems a bit smoother.

Thursday, November 05, 2009 6:20 PM
04 eco 4 speed auto. Running Mobil 1 ATF for over 70,000 miles now. Going to put fresh fluid and filter in this spring. I also used it in my old sunfire, a 99 2200/3 speed. Only change I noticed was both cars ran slightly cooler after the change to the Mobil 1.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 8:30 PM
Transmission is a reman, with only 9,000 miles on it. It's been fed Valvoline Dexron VI Full synthetic since day two. Going to do regular changes every 30,000 miles.
Thursday, November 12, 2009 7:18 PM
Nick wrote:Transmission is a reman, with only 9,000 miles on it. It's been fed Valvoline Dexron VI Full synthetic since day two. Going to do regular changes every 30,000 miles.

Smooth shifting?

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:37 PM
Till it warms up (about 10 minutes) the shifts are smooth and quick, but firm. Once it is warmed up, under moderate-light throttle, the shifts are butter smooth.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search