clutch problem HELP!!! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clutch problem HELP!!!
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:46 PM
ok, im not a newbee to cars or transmissions, but this has me stumped. i searched and found out that bleeding the slave is apparently a pita. but idk, last time i just bled it like a brake system and it worked great for a bit, but now its acting up again. so heres the story, drove my car, everything fine, parked it and turned it off for five min, then i needed my car again so i hopped in and now my clutch wont disengauge all the way, it does a little, just enough that i can stop in first gear but the engine bogs down and it makes a terrible noise. needless to say i dont do that anymore. not i put it in gear when the car is off then start it, lol. ya, cuz thats good for the starter, but anyway, i work at a repair shop, and the head techs said take the trans out and inspect the pressure plate, throw out bearing, slave, stuff like that, you guys have any ideas or similar problems? if i do have to pull the trans any pointers on doing so to make it easier? and does anyone know how to properly bleed the slave? thanx for any and all help guys, i appreciate it.

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.

Re: clutch problem HELP!!!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:43 PM
anyone? please this is my daily drive and i gotta get it fixed asap.

horsepower is the force that determines at what speed you hit the wall, torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009 10:15 PM
wish i could help but all i know is ld9s, not much into the 2.2 ohv. sorry bro.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:28 AM
I would check the bolts to the pressure plate to flywheel. Make sure they are all tight. I had mine back out and clutch would not fully disengage.

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:50 PM
ok, well i guess off the tranny comes, lol

Thursday, November 19, 2009 5:19 PM
Before you go ahead and drop the tranny, try reverse bleeding the clutch. To do that you have to continually force fluid UP the bleeder screw until it forces ALL the air UP and out through the master cylinder cup since air bubbles naturally want to go UP rather then DOWN when in fluid.

It really does sound like you just have to re-bleed the system. I could be wrong, but i know i'd rather find out it was just that then have to drop the tranny for no reason.

Good Luck!

Thursday, November 19, 2009 7:39 PM
but would that just instantly happen? air in the line? i had zero symptoms before hand. it was just out of the blue, oh! my clutch dont work.

Friday, November 20, 2009 4:42 PM
well the trans is out, it really wasnt to hard. i bet you guys will never guess what the problem was.......

Friday, November 20, 2009 5:03 PM

please tell me, how the hell does that happen? i usually dont drive my car that hard. but its kinda cool, haha.

Friday, November 20, 2009 5:03 PM

please tell me, how the hell does that happen? i usually dont drive my car that hard. but its kinda cool, haha.

Friday, November 20, 2009 5:04 PM
oops, sry bout the double post

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search