anyone have problems with BLACK CHROME? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anyone have problems with BLACK CHROME?
Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:17 PM
i went to a performance shop yesturday, i found the perfect rims for my Red 99 Z, they are 17's and they are Black Chrome, the front is dark Chrome and the inside of the wheel is painted Black. They are $1500 (canadian) with tires (215/45/17) or $1000 just rims, they are made by ROTA. the only thing is, he says that he has seem lots of Black Chrome rims chip. Is this a problem common problem, and is there anything you can spary on the rims so they wont chip, but wont affect the look

Re: anyone have problems with BLACK CHROME?
Monday, February 14, 2005 9:37 AM
I have not heard of anything like that. But if you want want to look into powder coating them. Im not positive if they will powder coat them in a clear finish. That is just about the only way you can protect them.

dan

Monday, February 14, 2005 6:54 PM
You mean like hyperblack?
Mine have been fine.

Aren't rotas really cheap, about 130-160 bucks a piece for 18's. How are you getting the $1000 figure. Buy somewhere else.
Monday, February 14, 2005 6:58 PM
chrome (any type) chips if its not real chrome, ADR has a habit of doing a special type of chrome that isn't really chrome, its like painted chrome, and that chips horribly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Monday, August 07, 2017 4:27 AM
Painted black wheel looks awesome but it should be with clear finish
Wednesday, May 05, 2021 6:51 AM
Never had any issues with the black American Racing rims that I ordered from 4wheelonline. There are minor scratches but they aren't noticeable.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search