Seat belt removal - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Seat belt removal
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:01 AM
Search didn't give me any results, course I'm on mobile but here's my issue; Drivers side seat belt does not fasten/click into it's female end. I've replaced the driver's side female hoping that'd remedy the problem, it didn't. The odd thing is the drivers side will click into the passenger female end where as the passenger side will not click into the drivers side end. My only thought is I could continue swapping out female ends until one that works is found, put in a passenger female end or replace the male end of the harness. Now, I have no idea how to remove the rear interior panel to get to the harness so, I'm wondering if there's a way to remove the silver connector(male end) from the belt and just replace that to avoid unbolting and removing the entire belt? If I cut away the plastic cover on the floor will it just slide off?

Re: Seat belt removal
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:44 PM
I dont think u can remove the male end of the buckle. I may be wrong tho. U could just buy a wrecker special buckle assembly. U need to remove the trim along the bottom of the doorway, justs pops off. U need to remove the coat hanger, unscrew the top portion of the swivel thing that holds the belt up on the pillar. Unbolt the lower portion from the floor. Then theres a few bolts that holds the retractor part. The whole back panel pops out. May he easier to remove the rear deck as well. Sounds like a lot but its really quite simple. Possible the male end got flipped? Try that first. Can be a pain to flip those but turn the belt to see if it works first before anything. Sounds stupid but could be that simple.

ReD RaiN
Sunday, May 19, 2019 1:22 AM
Okay, yeah cause I've looked at it and I don't see a way to remove just the male end. I wasn't sure if how difficult it'd be but, from how you describe it doesn't seem too bad. No worse than the dash bezel just a bunch clips.

Upon closer inspection it appears as if the male end got shaved/cut somehow. It's all lopsided yet it still connects perfectly into the passenger side which has me puzzled. I'll probably have to just replace the whole thing, luckily local junkyard I go to has about 12 Cavs/sunfires for me to pick through.
Sunday, May 19, 2019 9:30 PM
Prob just got worn over the years, mines starting to do the same. Oh and forgot to mention that the rear seat may have to come out. I kno my one cav u could remove the rear panel without taking the seat out but my other cavs seat pins went through the panel. Either way its not hard to take out. Fold the seat half way down and slide the pins out of the bracket.

ReD RaiN
Monday, May 20, 2019 6:50 PM
Okay, good to know! Thanks man
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search