Ahh! All lights are out!? HELP ASAP!!! - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ahh! All lights are out!? HELP ASAP!!!
Monday, April 11, 2005 6:02 PM
2001 Pontiac Sunfire, fyi

alright, so I was trying to replace the HVAC bulbs with some L.E.D.s. I went to the store, bought some leds and some resistors.

i had 2 5v leds that i was planning on putting there. so i bought 220 ohm resistors according to the formula i found in Raptor's forum.

the only problem with this, is once i had everything set up, i turned on the lights. the led got really bright, and orange. almost like it was about to explode. i heard some crackling so i thought i fried it. i turned off my lights.

so i thought i needed a different resistor. i got them all hooked up, and tried again. i had noticed this time though that the led didn't even blink once like it would if i would have shorted it. instead, NO lights came on.

no HVAC lights, no radio lights, and no cluster lights. WHAT HAPPENED!?

the odometer (thinger that measures miles) is still on, so is the clock/cd player, just the buttons aren't lit up. the little light by the AC button is still working too. but what happened?

HOW DO I FIX THIS!?

please anyone try and help me!!!

Re: Ahh! All lights are out!? HELP ASAP!!!
Monday, April 11, 2005 8:00 PM
if you see an led start to turn orangish red is because you are overpowering way too much and you are burning it out. by now the yellow dome in the led should be brown, and your led is dead. as for no lights at all, check the fuse in the fuse panel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Re: Ahh! All lights are out!? HELP ASAP!!!
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:34 AM
Sounds like you overloaded them? Hopefully a fuse blew before the system shorted.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search