For the people with tenzo brackets/sliders - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
For the people with tenzo brackets/sliders
Friday, March 17, 2006 5:13 PM
I put together my tenzo brackets and sliders today. Then I went to mount my tenzo type r seats to them but i ran into a problem. The bolts that came with the seats are too short. only about 3 or 4 threads of the bolts go through.

SO my question is, did any one else run into this? and if I need new bolts, what grade or type do i need. I would assume i need strong bolts so they dont break in an accident.

thanks

Re: For the people with tenzo brackets/sliders
Friday, March 17, 2006 5:33 PM
i didn't have a problem with mine. mine had long bolts and short bolts. i think the long ones were for bolting the slider to the seat and then the short ones were for bolting the slider to the bracket.

Friday, March 17, 2006 5:38 PM
My seats came with crome bolts, all one size, but too short.
My sliders came with black bolts that were longer, i used them to bolt the sliders to the brackets. SHouls i use them to bolt the seat instead?

Friday, March 17, 2006 5:43 PM
i would give that a shot. i think all the bolt holes are the same size. i can go pull one of my seats if you want me to check the lengths of the bolts for you

Saturday, March 18, 2006 12:35 PM
no but thanks for the offer. Its much less of a hastle for me to take apart my brackets.
thanks for the help

Saturday, March 18, 2006 2:40 PM
how much screw do oyu need to be safe?? If I switch the bolt i can get 7-8 threads in the seat. is that safe/ok??

Saturday, March 18, 2006 2:47 PM
my cheap seats are holding up great. i paid $220 for them off eazy. im not sure what the retail price for them is but i love them.

P.S. if anyone has an idea what my OTTO-R seats retail for id like to know

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Saturday, March 18, 2006 2:48 PM
Monday, May 22, 2006 10:56 AM
How is the height of these seats in are car? I have a set of corbeau brackets. Would the tenzo seats sit alright on these brakets? Or would it be better if I go and get tenzo brakets as well?

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 3:25 PM
They sit higher. With the stock seats i couldnt see my hood, with the tenzos I can. They also dont slide back as far as stock either, but do have mounts for the stock seat belts. I took mine out of the car last week tho. Selling them, im no longer modding my car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search