APlus Shift Boot - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
APlus Shift Boot
Saturday, March 18, 2006 7:00 AM
i'm interested in the short shift boot from APlusPerformance...to go with my soon-to-be installed B&M i'm guessing that they dont include the plastic piece that clips into the ctr console. if this is true, what would you recomend for attaching the boot to that bracket? i would have sent an email to jason about this but i get some retarded error stupid university email Thanks for the help

2002 Cavalier 2200----- Buffalo, NY

Re: APlus Shift Boot
Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:50 AM
Well, I ordered the normal shift boot from Jason so I'm assuming it is still the same way to attach the short-throw one. You'll get sent a boot and thats it. What you'll have to do is take out the whole plastic piece. Rip off the old boot and get off as much glue off as you can off of the plastice piece. Then, you'll want to use a type od adhesive and glue the new boot in place just like the old one. I used 3M adhesive and clothes-pins to hold in place while it dried and worked like a charm.
Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:12 PM
thank you muchly....time to spend some money!

Saturday, March 18, 2006 1:53 PM
ok.....stupid time for me....i know you said you used 3m adhesive..but what kind...like i have 5 min. epoxy, but would that be good enough or should i be looking for something else? thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search