Compatible Interiors - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Compatible Interiors
Monday, March 20, 2006 3:03 PM
I'm looking to pick up some interior pieces that I can sand down and paint so that if I screw up it's not a big deal but I can't seem to find any '03+ Sunfires at any wreckers. So my question is, which pieces of the interior between Sunfires of an older year, or Cavaliers are compatible? I'm thinking basically the rear pieces at the windows, headliner, front pieces for windows (A pillar??), dash and center console. I'd like to keep the circle vents that I have, so I'm assuming I'll need to keep looking for 03+ dash since all the older ones I've saw have had the oval ones. I think that's about it though. Thanks a lot.

Re: Compatible Interiors
Monday, March 20, 2006 5:59 PM
Not sure... maybe hopefully someone else can help. I'd suggest just taking a few small pieces out and using them as "test pieces". It's hard to mess up, since you can always resand what you have primed/painted and start over. I suggest just making sure you prep the piece good, and follow the tutorial.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=45&i=70341&t=70341

Once you get a few small pieces done and they look good, move onto the bigger pieces. Good luck.

Wide Body Progress

Monday, March 20, 2006 6:01 PM
Thank you, I have wanted to do this, and seeing that write up when it was done solidified the decision. I was thinking of starting with maybe the piece on the door that is on the opposite side of the mirror. But for the rest of the pieces, the major pieces especially, I wouldn't mind having a spare set just in case.
Monday, March 20, 2006 7:12 PM
Rear Panels (only from a sunfire)
Certain year center consoles (sunfire and cavy)
Headliner (sun and cav but depends on sunroof, map lights...)
A pillars (sun and cav)
carpet (sun and cav)
rear deck (sun and cav but it changes depending on if you have the child hooks, rear light...)
Top dash (only from 03+ if you want to still have the round vents)
Bottom dash (only from a sunfire)
Seats (cavy and sunfire)
Door panel (sunfire only, depends on if you have power locks, power windows...)

I think thats most of the pieces.
I'm doing the same thing with my interior.
I can't for the life of me find any 03+ top dashes though also.
If you need parts, email or IM me, our local junkyard prolly has about 20 or so J's.

Just ask if you need anything else clarified.

-Seth

Monday, March 20, 2006 7:15 PM
Ope, one more thing to add.
With the rear panels, make sure that they are the ones that use the screw to hold them in and not the ones that use the push pin type.

Basically, if it looks the same, it prolly is.

-Seth

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:45 AM
Thanks a lot, that helps tons.

I think the only other question I have is that when I last went to the wreckers and checked out an 02 headliner there were 5 plastic pieces as opposed to the three in mine. Do all '02 and lower have 5?

With the rear deck, I do currently have the childseat hooks, would one without be able to be switched in there easy enough?

That should be about it for me, thanks again
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 7:17 AM
For the headliners, umm, im not totally sure, but i think so.
I'm pretty sure that you could remove the child seat hooks and another one would fit. Just make sure that there are the holes for the seatbelts.

-Seth

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:11 PM
Cool, thanks again. Off to the wreckers I go!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search