Introducing My Money Pit... - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Introducing My Money Pit...
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 6:45 PM
Looks Great man.. looks like mine a year or 2 ago.

this is what it looked like before

How it looks now

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:08 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone! I knew there were a few other Z24 sedans lurking out there, very well done from the looks of things. I like the red one, the gold one, and the blue one! To answer a few questions:

I used to have the windows limo tinted but the shop did a poor job in my opinion and it was bubbling up in a year's time, so I just pulled it off. Might get them redone eventually.

The tires are pretty wide for how little power I am putting down, but I like the way they look and they grip very well.

I would love to swap in a supercharged 2.4L motor but being that my car is a 95 with the OBD 1.5 system (yes I counted the pins in the connector under the dash), wouldn't I have to swap ALL the wiring and stuff too? If I am going to do that much work, might as well get a $900 dollar Ecotec motor from craigslist.

How do I keep the car so clean? I DO in fact drive it every day and I DON'T have a garage. I spend a lot of time with the car duster, glass cleaner, tire shine, and wax. Every once in a while I will spring for the engine degreaser at the car wash.

As for taking pics, I just grabbed the tripod and found a dead-end road about an hour before sunset. I got a used Canon 20D on eBay for $600 dollars with the kit lens, it does everything the newer Canons do except it has a slightly smaller screen and doesn't cost $1600 dollars. I can live with that.

The dirt road picture is Arizona State Route 88, no I am not joking. Its a historic old road between Apache Junction and Roosevelt Lake that still follows its original alignment from the 1920s and has a radiator-melting 19% grade at one point. I live in Phoenix btw.

I talk too much but I have lots more pictures if y'all want more.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:15 AM
nice and clean, its not a money pit until you boost it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search