my project - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my project
Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:14 PM
This is my second j-body both 02 5spd ls sports. My first one came to an unfortunate end due to the previous owner being completely clueless when it came to electrical work so it is now my parts car. I bought this one a couple months ago but i was out of town at work so it sat and waited for me to start on it. I just finished the body work and priming. I will be shooting the base coat and clear soon. It is retaining the factory gm yellow but there will be a subtle difference in the clear coat.....Just wait and see.

The car when i picked it up

How it sits waiting for color

my hood was very dull i wet sanded and buffed it in these pics but i decided to re clear it

this is where im at now but i will hopefully have it in color in the next week or so, i will keep this updated thanks for looking!

Re: my project
Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:26 PM
looks like good progress, 03+ trunk??

Thursday, December 01, 2011 7:32 PM
yes it is not sure which one i want to use yet but both are getting repainted. ill use the 03 with sunfire tails for now until i finally buy a set of toyo tails for the other trunk or just buy an rk sport filler panel too
Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:12 PM
Why have it in color after all that work? Looks great as is

Friday, December 02, 2011 7:54 AM
My last one was two-tone red an flat black so I've been there lol. I like the yellow for now
Friday, December 02, 2011 7:56 AM
Why not remove any parts or tape off before primer? Overspray kills it. Looks nasty.

Friday, December 02, 2011 8:09 AM
Looks good!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, December 02, 2011 8:17 AM
It was taped off when when primer was sprayed. I take it off when I block the whole car and wet sand so I have no rough edges. I also never re use the tape or paper it gets changed from primer to base coat and to clear. There is no overspray just dust from sanding
Friday, December 02, 2011 8:20 AM
Correction there is one spot of overspray on the pic showing my windshield but that's all. Lol nobody's perfect. And thanks guys for the positive feedback
Friday, December 02, 2011 8:29 AM
I need my 02 cavy's hood and roof sprayed black again, how much you charge? lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, December 02, 2011 8:40 AM
The key cylinder, door trim is so easy to remove. I would spend the extra few minutes to make sure there is Zero tape lines. Will make it looks 10x better once finished.

Friday, December 02, 2011 9:08 AM
Oh don't get me wrong the moldings and locks have been removed since these pics And all underlying surfaces have been prepped even the door jams cuz they are getting re sprayed also. And whitecavy My labor is cheap now since I am in college and need money.
Friday, December 02, 2011 11:52 AM
The CF hood looks really good. I've also seen people "tint" the clear coat a certain color to accent the cf hood. Something to think about. Keep it up.

Friday, December 02, 2011 3:49 PM
Nice progress man! I can't wait to see it finished!
My yellow cav is going in for paint soon also! If you don't mind me asking how much you pay for your GM yellow per gallon?

Friday, December 02, 2011 5:21 PM
I will look through my receipts tonight and let u know. Mine is base coat and clear coat so I automatically payed 125 for clear coat. I'll have a price for u tomorrow bud. Thanks for the feedback!
Saturday, December 03, 2011 6:06 AM
yellow ls sport ftw... in for more progress pics
Sunday, December 04, 2011 11:50 AM
I yellow Cavis.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Saturday, December 10, 2011 12:31 PM
Going for a sunfire rear tail light bezel?
Saturday, December 10, 2011 12:55 PM
slide81- yes i am
i should have some more pics up by monday ive had a week from hell, i got t-boned by a drunk driver in my work truck causing it to wrap around a telephone pole,adn its finals week at school so needless to say now the cavalier must be done soon as it is my only car right now. the hard part is i'm busted up from the accident so its taking me longer than usual to work on it.
Saturday, December 10, 2011 7:20 PM
Damn, sorry to hear about the crash / pain. We pray you heal quickly! Maybe get a running beater?
Saturday, December 10, 2011 10:21 PM
Sorry to hear about this William! I wish you a quick recovery!!

Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:23 PM
Hope your healing up well man can't wait till you can work on this again. looking good!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:00 PM
should have pics up this weekend of paint,also i got an early xmas gift in the form of a set of lss wheels so those will be on also, just been so damn busy since this accident happened stay tuned guys!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:33 PM
A couple teasers. The car is all back together but it still needs a final wet sand and buff, looks pretty good so far,ill get more pics of it outside with the carbon fiber hood.

Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:50 PM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search