97 fail gt - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97 fail gt
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:09 AM
Hey just making a progress thread for my 97 fire gt. it is nothing special but i plan on doing some work to it in the coming months. (that is i can can secure a job) just got laid off today so i had some free time to make this thread

this is when i picked it up last augest with 186,000km . its a 2.4 with a 5 speed

then i threw a sony(yes i know it isn't the greatest but it has bluetooth and i like it) headunit and put some blue LEDS behind my cleared HVAC knobs as well as i cleared the HVAC faceplate

very bring even durring the day

then i tinted the tail lights as well as the whole back panel. i have done it twice and think i am going to do it again dont 100% happy with the outcome but it doesn't look to bad
here is with the lights off

and the lights on

also have TTR upper and lower engine mount (do not have pic of the lower

next step is to remove the A/C as it is an eye sore and doesn't work anyway i also dont use it because it irritates my eyes and they burn

i know the pictures suck but i only really have my cell phone. i do have a GO PRO which i got recently and will be adding some videos in the future if we get enough snow to have some fun

Re: 97 fail gt
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:17 PM
lol you blurred out the license plate on one pic and not the other

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:03 PM
ya i realized that after i hit post so i was @!#$ outta luck
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:20 PM
Torres @ The Barcode Magazine wrote:lol you blurred out the license plate on one pic and not the other

I laughed when I saw that

Looks good.. keep the updates coming!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:08 PM
looks good, you don't have to do this but when i did my tails i blacked out the third brake light and the reflectors as well, my fire is white, might be too much black on a black car but just an idea? i like the revo lights blacked out thats one thing i didnt do, what i want to do is find a filler panel from a 00-02 that doesnt have the reverse lights on it and swap it on my car, nice looking car and nice to see another sunfire, so many cavaliers on this site haha
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:13 PM
i am going to re do it in the spring and do the third(if i don't get a spolierless trunk lid or switch to a cav raer with toyos ) and the reflectors and side markers. the 00-02 would really work for me as i back into my spot 99% of the time and it comes in handy even though it is tinted.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:28 PM
fair enough, what do you mean switch to cavy rear? i was under the impression that the rear quaters where different and the only way to switch was to drill out the welds and swap quarters
Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:46 PM
the_miker17(u kiddin) wrote:i am going to re do it in the spring and do the third(if i don't get a spolierless trunk lid or switch to a cav raer with toyos ) and the reflectors and side markers. the 00-02 would really work for me as i back into my spot 99% of the time and it comes in handy even though it is tinted.

That's not an option for you.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:41 AM
StatiCav. wrote:
the_miker17(u kiddin) wrote:i am going to re do it in the spring and do the third(if i don't get a spolierless trunk lid or switch to a cav raer with toyos ) and the reflectors and side markers. the 00-02 would really work for me as i back into my spot 99% of the time and it comes in handy even though it is tinted.

That's not an option for you.

not an option? how so
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:49 AM
because sunfire rear ends, meaning the trunk, rear quarters, are completely different then cavaliers. front ends can swap as a bolt ons but the rear cannot.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:40 AM
well that sucks. oh well maybe if i keep it long enough ill go completely custom but i doubt it

Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:25 PM
get a sunfire sedan and youll be golden

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search