So... Much... Sanding... WARNING! NO FINGERPRINTS LEFT INSIDE! 56k... well your screwed - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: So... Much... Sanding... WARNING! NO FINGERPRINTS LEFT INSIDE! 56k... well your screwed
Monday, January 23, 2012 11:20 AM
Looks geat,Good job...

Re: So... Much... Sanding... WARNING! NO FINGERPRINTS LEFT INSIDE! 56k... well your screwed
Monday, January 23, 2012 11:34 AM
Looks good, glad to see you got the body all figured out and fixed!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, January 23, 2012 2:01 PM
Awesome love seeing this!

Monday, January 23, 2012 2:40 PM
Amazing, by far one of my favorite - if not my favorite two tone.
I love the way you 'flowed' the top color around the lines of the body and not just a straight line!

Monday, January 23, 2012 4:53 PM
Josh Watson wrote:Amazing, by far one of my favorite - if not my favorite two tone.
I love the way you 'flowed' the top color around the lines of the body and not just a straight line!
'

That was the goal of the little "bump" in the pinstripe by the mirrors. From the front you get an idea of how well it frames the hood rather than just a straight line.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, January 23, 2012 5:49 PM
I'm a fan! Now change your sig pic! lol

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
Monday, January 23, 2012 6:04 PM
Wow, I really like the finished product! Great color choices!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Monday, January 23, 2012 6:16 PM
Looks great! Ive always loved the sunburst metallic. I had a boss with a sunburst metallic eclipse with the terra cotta leather interior. Such a great color combination.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:33 PM
Very nice work! This is one of my favorite cav's of al time!
the make over is great and well done! I use POR15 whenever I can! Good stuff!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:37 PM
FINALLY, that painted "GT" is gone!
I love it, looks great, glad to see you took the time to do it all right!

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:39 PM
very nice, id love to see it in person.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:24 PM
Yea no kidding JHand! Agree so much!

Thanks for all the good compliments... I think I may try and make it for my first bash this year provided I can get away from Auto campus for the big move this summer.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:20 PM
lol you never answered my question...

you did all that work but did not remove the windows. how come?

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:30 PM
I critique people taking short cuts sometimes too, but removing all the windows on a do it yourself paintjob? looks like the guy took his time and did a great job, and if his masking skills are on point with the spraying, why bother removing the windows? You can back-tape seals and make it looks perfect.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:00 PM
yea i get what ur saying.. you can make it look good but it is more susceptible to peeling and if you are at a show and a judge peels the molding back then sees a paint line (just an example) you will get docked.. its kind of like spraying side moldings or door handles on the car.

also, it wasnt a total do it yourself, he did have a professional paint it. or at least he said he had a "painter" anyway...

idk, just saying, if i put all that work into it i would want to do it 100% right.... just me.

but the work does look great he did one hell of a job even still.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:02 PM

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:53 PM
JHand wrote:]FINALLY, that painted "GT" is gone!

oh yeas. 100 kudos from me for this too

NEW SIG, NEW SIG, NEW SIG.... cmon everyone, join in!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:11 PM
Absolutely stunning, dude. And kudos on getting in there and fixing the rust the proper way.

Oh, and NEW SIG TIME!!

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:11 AM
Lol, will get new sig soon enough...

in the mean time is this good enough for you guys?

Z yaaa: I did not remove the quarter glass and obviously the front and rear windows... It is really too difficult to do so within my time frame and the issues that could arise (like breaking or cracking the windows) was a risk I was not willing to take. Where possible We did fold back the molding (i.e. on the roof where the top windshield molding sits) and paint completely underneath. So basically anywhere a judge COULD fold back the molding and see a paint line.... he won't.

While yes I did probably 80-85% of the bodywork, I did have a professional certified body repair tech and painter with over 20 years of experience watching over me at all times. He has done countless insurance and custom paint and body work jobs and has never had a problem with Dupont finishes peeling or cracking around weather strip or window moldings, I trust his 20+ years in the industry over anyones. so thats why I did'nt remove the winders....:-)

Friday, January 27, 2012 5:55 PM
looks very niceeeeeee. should get the fog lights! but def. a very nice job !
Saturday, January 28, 2012 7:17 AM
Well done you have good taste i can say that on the colors and body kit keep up the good work .
Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:37 AM
Moar finished pics! Tickles looks great! =]

Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:55 PM
As per Jess's request...

washed and waxed it (again)

2011 malibu grill... fits perfect! and so much better than that chicken wire..

Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:12 PM
This thing is so clean. I think a set of eibach sportline springs would really set the car sitting just a tad lower.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:17 PM
Bad @ss

Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:50 PM
Love it, looks good!

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:lol you never answered my question...

you did all that work but did not remove the windows. how come?

Never pulled windows on my '97 either, and no lines .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search