finally cobalt ss seats in a cav! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
finally cobalt ss seats in a cav!
Friday, April 25, 2008 4:07 PM
well i finally got around to installing the black and blue leather cobalt ss/sc seats into my cavy. lets just get a few things straight. they suck to install lol but i think in the end they came out great. if u have read about this before the cobalt seats are much wider than the floor pan of the cavy interior. so what u have to do is raise the seats up so that they sit off the floor. the way i accomplished this was to take the stock seat bracket mounts off the cavy seats and weld them onto a piece of square tubing that mounts into the stock coablt bracket. this way the seats sit high enough and are at the right level since the stock floor isnt level its more of a step up towards the middle of the car. as for the backs we just welded a flat piece of bar and a bolt so u can bolt the stock cobalt bracket to the cavy floor. its hard to explain but the pictures will help. ill just show some pix and answer some questions later lol. oh and the stock cobalt seat belt latches wont work either. so i just changed to belt latches out as well. onto the pix

drivers seat front

d/s rear

passenger side front

p/s rear

c@c welcome

Re: finally cobalt ss seats in a cav!
Friday, April 25, 2008 4:09 PM
very nice!! love the car... not a fan of the mirrors being fully painted but other then that solid looking car... very nice interior!!
Friday, April 25, 2008 4:14 PM
The seats look very nice in the car, but I have to say I would not trust that mounting at all if you were to be in an unfortunate accident. There are way to many weak points there. I would seriously reconsider your design and come up with ways of strengthening it.

It does look very nice, though.

Friday, April 25, 2008 4:18 PM
I would look into running a bolt and plate from under the car, into the new rails...... would be better then the brackets you have on there (nut sure what the brackets are constructed out of, but look pretty thing).... Otherwise they look pretty damn good in a cavy.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, April 25, 2008 4:28 PM
thanks for the concerns guys. i do still need to work on some things. as for the front bracket support. well u run into a prob. if u put the tubing all the way across for added support u wont b able to adjust the seats back and forth. the lever for the cobalt seats sits very low and would hit the tubing. if u look close at the pix u can see where it alredy rubs. we might throw in some diagonal braces for the fronts to help support.

Friday, April 25, 2008 4:41 PM
I could see where you had to cut the support, but it definitely needs to be connected somehow. Cross bracing might be the ticket.

The back is actually what concerns me the most. Those tabs will certainly bend up with any kind of impact, and I would bet money on them breaking in a major impact. I would get those bolts on the Cobalt brackets through your floor and put a reinforcement under it to bolt to.

Friday, April 25, 2008 4:47 PM
i was lucky enough to get to see these (and sit in them) wednesday. they look and feel great!

keep up the good work man! also, PM me if you want more info on how to fix your console. i'll try to give you some decent instructions.

Friday, April 25, 2008 5:51 PM
anyway of taking the ss logo off the seats?

i also, love the blue w/ blue! and i love the kit. and i love the hood. and oh hell i love the whole car!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, April 25, 2008 7:40 PM
awesome, i have the seats... just need to do the same.

Rollin' on question marks since 07.
Saturday, April 26, 2008 2:35 PM
hey man i wanted to get the rear ss seats put into my car . were they hard? i think they would go good... what do you think?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Saturday, April 26, 2008 2:39 PM
I'm getting the seats out of a G5 only because they are the same color grey leather, but don't have SS stamped all over them.

I have a Cobalt LT and the stock seats are way more comfortable than my old cavaliers, but the SS seats are Way more comfortable then mine.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 2:51 PM
i have new appreciation for for owners with clean cars.
cus damn, that car is super clean

fix that passenger side gangsta lean tho

Saturday, April 26, 2008 6:08 PM
i see the rear seats are in.. how was that for fitment?

nate
Saturday, April 26, 2008 6:31 PM
looks great. i personaly think if you dropped a stock or color matched SS style hood on that thing, it would look like something GM would have made

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

WTF, Butt sex is not like sticking your finger in a jelly donut. -Alexis
Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:13 PM
Sooo so hot

Saturday, April 26, 2008 7:16 PM
those look perfect in your car.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Saturday, April 26, 2008 8:06 PM
looks good. but good luck keeping them looking nice. the inserts get really wrinkled up after a while and look kinda crappy.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 8:28 PM
I like the Redline seats because they say RECARO instead of SS. They look good anyway.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 10:16 PM
i am jealous

Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:12 AM
im with quicklilcav

if you are in an accident or put much pressure at all on those they are going to bend and break

look great but be safe and get a secure mounting system goin

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search