05kar build/progress thread - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
05kar build/progress thread
Monday, November 28, 2011 10:54 AM
Decided to do a thread to update what I will be doing to my car. My plans as of right now are to do a 99 conversion with 02 headlights and retrofit some projectors in them. I still don't know what color it will be as I'm debating between red, black, or white. A carbon fiber hood will find its way to the car and possibly a roof rack. For wheels I plan on either the Enkei EV5's or Enkei RPF1's. Engine wise, again undecided, will probably be HO cams, HO intake mani, and maybe some spray or Eco swap it and M62 it. I don't want a race car or anything like that, just a fun daily driver with a little bit of go to it. Well on to some pics.

The day I got it.

I took the 19's off a few weeks after I got it and installed the stock 02 Z24's that I painted black.

Car was bone stock when I got it besides the fart can, then ordered an ebay intake

disregard that rubber thing i put on the pipe lol never realized i had it installed wrong

B&M short throw later on

got some stock tails and a solar wing installed and put back on the 19s

had a small over heating problem and had to do some head work so I took advantage and had my secret cams installed, msd setup, ported head, 4-1 header and full exhaust

got some grand am gt seats and istalled those as well

got an lss front lip and some ls wheels and sprayed them black as well

early this year i bought a turbo setup but parted with it since i wasn't sure if i was gonna do it or not

then some spacers from jeffie

got some 95-99 Z24 wheels that i sprayed bronze

then a couple days ago i did this

removed my tan interion and got some graphite interior but that changed last night lol and decided to spray it black

and i have this waiting to go on i should have it sprayed and installed this week if i find time between a full time job and full time school

lss wheels and 95-99 Z24 front and rear plus new Z24 skirts

Re: 05kar build/progress thread
Monday, November 28, 2011 11:09 AM
She looks good man, nice and clean!

Monday, November 28, 2011 11:19 AM
you know im a fan!

i say keep the LD9 and spray her!

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Monday, November 28, 2011 11:19 AM
Thanks man, I try and keep it simple

Monday, November 28, 2011 11:39 AM
approved

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, November 28, 2011 11:47 AM
@!#$ man, you change wheels a lot, im looking for both syles of those wheels and cant find shiat lol, and here you are changing them up like underwear hehe.

Car looks good man.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, November 28, 2011 2:37 PM
looking good, is that a Texas plate? If so that might be my old window wing.

Monday, November 28, 2011 2:55 PM
Hell ya man, I love it!

Eco and m62 is fun but I think you would like turbo much better.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Monday, November 28, 2011 3:37 PM
What brand are those silver rims in your first picture. I have a set (looks like yours) made by Flik, but they are no longer in business. I have a buddy that wants that style.
Monday, November 28, 2011 3:38 PM
sell me you rims man i want them! like no lie lol im in texas

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Monday, November 28, 2011 4:14 PM
I like it!

And put that leaf blower in thee engine bay

BUY MY SAAB TURBO SETUP! --> http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/61091/

Monday, November 28, 2011 4:36 PM
whitecavy: i actually had 2 other sets of wheels that i couldnt find pics of lol

copter: yes its your wing, i got it from you a while back but i just sold it last week ill be ordering a roof rack in the next few months

02cavcruzin: i just want something reliable, i had 2 TSi's before and they were fun but nothing close to reliable lol

gardenmega: i dont remember what brand they are, i sold them last year to a guy with a celica from corpus christi

trey: the only rims that are gonna be for sale are the bronze z24 wheels :p

got2begt: lol im tempted to do it

thanks for the good complements guys, im gonna start cuttin the 99 front end i have right now to fit my 02 headlights, ill try and get pics while i work on it

Monday, November 28, 2011 6:28 PM
What part of Texas you from?

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq
Monday, November 28, 2011 7:10 PM
05kar wrote:trey: the only rims that are gonna be for sale are the bronze z24 wheels :p

umm sir dont be surprised then if you come out and u have my rims on

Monday, November 28, 2011 8:34 PM
lol ill be in san antonio in 2 weeks for IFO if you want them :p

im from the rio grand valley

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:36 AM
05kar wrote:lol ill be in san antonio in 2 weeks for IFO if you want them :p

im from the rio grand valley
hmm if they have good tires on them then ill direct trade ya

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:01 PM
did a little cutting today and test fitted the 99 Z bumper

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 12:34 AM
I wonder how the wingswest lip would look on the z bumper.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:02 AM
Yea for some reason I feel the car is naked with no lips lol ill see if I can fab up somethin later on

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:52 AM
yo you still have those black altezza taillights? and that thing is clean as hell for most of it being stock, you got me interested in how she turns out once its done, oh yeah do those Grand Am seats bolt right in?

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:16 AM
Back from the dead lol I started getting some more problems with my LD9; water pump started leaking, some oil leaks, and some other small problems. I found an eco at a very good price that i couldn't pass up so I got it. I started piecing together my parts for the swap and it should be done in the next few weeks. I got all new gaskets and accessories for it.

I ordered some comp cams n/a stage 1 today but they are out of stock for about 2 weeks or so. With that said I'm thinking of getting some patriot gold dual springs to go with the cams as well as some lsj injectors and an le5 intake mani. Any input on these cams or what I could do to the eco right now that its not in the car would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:35 AM
05kar wrote:Back from the dead lol I started getting some more problems with my LD9; water pump started leaking, some oil leaks, and some other small problems. I found an eco at a very good price that i couldn't pass up so I got it. I started piecing together my parts for the swap and it should be done in the next few weeks. I got all new gaskets and accessories for it.

I ordered some comp cams n/a stage 1 today but they are out of stock for about 2 weeks or so. With that said I'm thinking of getting some patriot gold dual springs to go with the cams as well as some lsj injectors and an le5 intake mani. Any input on these cams or what I could do to the eco right now that its not in the car would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
turbo it like i am mine
in t-minus a few weeks

Saturday, February 11, 2012 8:53 AM
I have LSJ inj I cant use *cough cough*, anyways sorry to hear your going to the eco but I would of just looked for another LD9 and put her in you had a beautiful engine bay

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Saturday, February 11, 2012 9:10 AM
No boost for me anytime soon lol I figured id give the eco a try and give it a lil more pep with the comp cams and I gotta keep it reliable since its my daily for school and work

Pm me about those injectors lol

Sunday, February 12, 2012 4:23 PM
I'd love some more info on that rear window spoiler, pm me!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search