Flaming in this forum - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Flaming in this forum
Saturday, November 13, 2004 8:46 AM
OK, you all know who you are. I am getting tired of having to delete posts, locking posts because people are asking a question then everyone thinks its a stupid question and then make fun of them in that post. Not everyone signs up and knows everything about their car. They come here to learn and introduce themselves, yet some of you feel the need to make fun of them and post absurd remarks. I don't want to be an @!#$ about this but grow up, everyone starts from nothing.

This website is a community not a place to act like your better than everyone else. How would you feel if you signed up for a site trying to make friends and ask a serious question yet everyone makes fun of you, and treats you like trash. A little maturity will go a long way in this forum, so before you post think before you type. <br>

Re: Flaming in this forum
Saturday, November 13, 2004 10:07 AM
Not only that, but I don't think a lot of people recognize the point at which joking around turns into flaming. My honest opionion should be that if you want to joke around, use Off-Topic, the technical forums should be kept moderately serious, especially the newbies forum, where one may not realize that cars don't have blinker fluid, and take it seriously

<br>

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, November 13, 2004 11:02 AM
wait, our cars don't have blinker fluid? then why do i keep paying for it every time i go get my oil changed and have the flux capacitor recalibrated?
<br>

Saturday, November 13, 2004 11:08 AM
cannon fodder wrote:wait, our cars don't have blinker fluid? then why do i keep paying for it every time i go get my oil changed and have the flux capacitor recalibrated?

*shrug*

Ditto.
<br>

Saturday, November 13, 2004 12:02 PM
i think some noobs need to learn how to use the search button first. then most of the flaming wont happen <br>

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, November 13, 2004 12:44 PM
The Burnt Scrotum aka 99redz24 wrote:i think some noobs need to learn how to use the search button first. then most of the flaming wont happen

It's posts like these that I think acidburn is reffering too.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Saturday, November 13, 2004 2:03 PM
actually, the idea behind this forum is about questions that get asked constantly. lets take a look at the title of the forum NEWBIE FORUM....but underneath is a description lets take a look it says:

Here new members can introduce themselves and ask the questions that get asked over and over again - Tuner Tube? Intakes? Altezza style lights? etc

its about answering questions that are constantly posted, and helping to answer them. If you cant do that, then don't post anything its that simple. <br>

Saturday, November 13, 2004 5:42 PM
I totally agree. I hate it when a new member asks a respectable question and gets flamed because its been asked many times before. They don't know it has, they are new to the site. Hence the term Newbie.

I do my best to answer newbie questions without making the person feel bad or mocking them. I always answer their question to the best of my knowledge or direct them to the area where they can find the answer to their question. The most useless thing you can tell a newb is "SEARCH!!", all it does is discourage them, especially if the have a question that is not easily found by doing a search.

Thanks for the much needed post Acidburn <br>

My CarDomain Page
Friday, May 06, 2005 12:38 PM
Exactly this IS the newbie forum. Scrap the flame throwers. At least they have enough sense to put their posts here!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search