98 Cavalier Exhaust - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 Cavalier Exhaust
Sunday, February 20, 2005 7:56 AM
I run a 98 Cavalier. unfortunatly for me its a 2.2L, which the salesman lied to me when I bought it, but what can you do now. What I was wonder is if an exhaust system for a 98 2.4L Cavalier will work with my car. I just found a hole in my exhaust and I thought I could upgrade my exhaust while I was at it, but could not find a performance exhaust for the 2.2L.

Any solutions would be very helpful. Thanks in Advance

Jason

Re: 98 Cavalier Exhaust
Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:15 AM
How did the dealer lie to you? did you not look at the engine before buying it? that's one of the first things I do before buying a car, whether it's to see if it's the engine I wanted, or just to see if it looks clean and sounds good.

Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:41 AM
if theres a hole in your exhaust, why not just upgrade to a whole new one instead of the z24 one. the z24 one is basically the same except the muffler

Sunday, February 20, 2005 10:03 AM
just have a local exhaust shop bend you some pipe and then pick a muffler of your choice

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, February 20, 2005 1:02 PM
what he ^ said bout 50 - 75 bucks plus the muffler

Sunday, February 20, 2005 2:55 PM
He told me it was the 2.4L. I am not very mechanically inclined and I was in a desperate situation, so I did not really have the time to get someone to come with me and check it out. But it is in the past, and there isn't a whole lot I can do about it now, until I can afford a new car. What I would like to do at this time is to get a performance exhaust, probably a 2 1/4 inch pipe with a good muffler. I am hoping to get some extra punch to my car and maybe add a nice sound to it as well. Anyone know some systems for the 2.2L, or is the best thing to do have someone bend the pipe and pick out a good muffler, if so, what would be a good muffler for it. I really am a newbie at this stuff, I am trying to learn how to do stuff, and what are good parts.
Sunday, February 20, 2005 3:58 PM
borla is good

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, February 21, 2005 9:36 AM
check out rksport http://www.rksport.com or gravana tuning /you could get the pipe and the muffler at the shop too like magnaflow, dynomax, etc. any of these are good and then just get yourself a nice chrome tip ta put on it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search