A/F gauge - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A/F gauge
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:43 PM
what is the best way to hook up the A/F ratio gauge a lot of people have them, do u go straight to the O2 sensor or ECU?

9clrcav

Re: A/F gauge
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 4:10 PM
a A/F gauge realy dont do anything. its an expensive light show. get a wideband 02 if you want a gauge that will tell you something.

anyways, i think you hook it up to the 02 sensor

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 4:34 PM
where do i get a wide band O2 and does it replace the old one?

9clrcav
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 4:37 PM
yep you hook it into the wire coming off the o2 sensor.. but like he said basicly just a light show. i have mine hooked up on a toggle switch and leave it off most of the time, only turn it on to laugh at the girls staring at it wondering what it is...but thats just me

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 4:57 PM
wideband 02

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:14 PM
Depending on the brand of af gauge you have mine is a AutoMeter the purple wire is spliced into the O2 signal wire coming off the sensor. Make the splice before the in line connector at the sensor( the further away the better less chance for future wiring problems.) the red wire from the AF gauge is connected to 12 v + fused and switched.The black wire is your ground. Best to make a good ground connection to the engine.That is the hook up for a single wire O2 sensor. 3 wire O2 sensor looking at the connector at the O2 sensor there are 3 raised letters A B C. A is the O2 sensor heater positive, B is the heater ground. You guessed it C is the signal wire. splice into C as high up the wiring harness as you can.The power and ground connections remain the same. There is one other type of heated O2 sensor.It is a 4 wire sensor because of wiring changes between some models chk. your service manual look for the high ref wire that is the one your after.There is also a low ref (ground) heater (pos) heater (ground).Make damn sure not to probe any wires with any type of low resistance test lights etc.You will damage the sensor as well as your PCM.IFyou need to test wires use a high impedeance multimeter. Hope this helps.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 8:37 PM
No one has pics do they

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:31 PM
This is from a 2.2......

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:36 PM
Stupid server acting up. Let's try this....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search