3.8 Supercharged into 03 cavy - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3.8 Supercharged into 03 cavy
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 2:48 PM
I was thinking of either boosting my current ecotec or just putting in one of those 3.8 supercharged engines by GM.

I know that getting a Vortech supercharger through rsmracing.com will be like $5400. It would add like almost 100 HP to y ecotec with my other mods.

However, I was wondering if I could get more for my money if I just got the 3.8 put in, but not sure if it will fit.

Also I am positive my current stock tranny would need to be switched also. Is there room for all this in the bay of the cavy?

Re: 3.8 Supercharged into 03 cavy
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 2:55 PM
do a search. people have already put supercharged 3800s into cavaliers. look up Raven, he has done this. Meckster is also in the process of doing this swap. there are tons of posts about what is needed and what has to be fabricated. personally, i would stick with the ecotec motor and buy a turbo kit from hahn.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 3:21 PM
alias1429 wrote:do a search. people have already put supercharged 3800s into cavaliers. look up Raven, he has done this. Meckster is also in the process of doing this swap. there are tons of posts about what is needed and what has to be fabricated. personally, i would stick with the ecotec motor and buy a turbo kit from hahn.

he is right

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:07 PM
repost

Thursday, February 24, 2005 12:22 PM
AFAIK swapping the 3800sc is more expensive than getting the rsm charger.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search