2.4 or eco - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 or eco
Friday, February 25, 2005 9:44 PM
Ok, here is the deal, i have had a cavalier before, i had a 02 2.2, not the eco.It was an auto, I loved that car so much. Great gas mileage and rode really nice. I got into an accident and my poor car got totaled. Now, i do know a decent amount about modding and such but i didnt really do anything to the cavalier because everyone kept telling me its not worth doing anything to a cavalier, i find that BS, almost any car can be fast depending on money, time and knowledge. The most i did was remove bong, tuner tube, had an exhaust system and put a K & N air filter in. After my baby got killed, i decided i wanted to get another Cavalier, except this time, i want to get a Z24 or the eco. I know they both have real potential but i was wondering if i could get some opinions on which engine would be the best to get. I was also curious about the torque specs, i know the Z has 150hp and the eco has 140, but im not sure about torque. Any help yous guys could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch

Re: 2.4 or eco
Friday, February 25, 2005 9:48 PM
actually, the ecotec is only about 128 hp at the wheels. it's 140 at the crank. however, i'd get an ecotec just because there is a lot of good aftermarket parts for it already and there's going to be even more once the new ecotecs get released in the Cobalt.

Friday, February 25, 2005 9:56 PM
cannon fodder wrote:actually, the ecotec is only about 128 hp at the wheels. it's 140 at the crank. however, i'd get an ecotec just because there is a lot of good aftermarket parts for it already and there's going to be even more once the new ecotecs get released in the Cobalt.

tee hee, i have a few cobalt motors already lol/ But yes he is correct, go with the eco, they are a lot easier to take apart and put back together also. plus like he said parts are gonna show up like crazy for those.

Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:37 AM
I've seen dyno sheets of 133hp to the wheels on the eco, so I'm led to believe that GM has underrated the power of the Eco. So I think, to the wheels, the Eco and the LD9 are pretty nose to nose. Combined with the lighter block (aluminum as opposed to cast), and an engine block designed for boost (has a turbo oil return already on the block ), the Eco is a great choice for new modders. Now that the LD9 and LN2 have died, the market might start tapering off for us, the Eco is going to continue well into the future in other cars.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:44 AM
Thanks for the help guys, im going to get an Eco. I have been looking for parts, just to get an idea of prices and and stuff like that, but i havent really found any websites that have a lot of stuff for the Ecotec, most of it is for the other engines. Does anyone know some good websites for me to look at? Thanks
Rob
Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:58 AM
Gravana Tuning

RSM Racing

Torque......2.4=155
2.2Eco=150

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search