Newbish 2.2 turbo question .. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newbish 2.2 turbo question ..
Monday, February 28, 2005 4:03 PM
I'm not that big of a newb, but I'm sure this has been discussed before ...
How viable is a 96 2.2 ohv turbo set-up? I know Adler and a few other have around 200 hp on their 2200 with stock internals, but I heard there's some sort of injector issue with the 2.2 ohv? Would it be viable to get close to 200 hp on my ohv?

Re: Newbish 2.2 turbo question ..
Monday, February 28, 2005 4:28 PM
you can reach 200 on stock internals, but only if it's properly tuned. you'd be better off going for around 180, less chance of blowing your engine. and you don't have a 2200, you have the older 2.2l.

Monday, February 28, 2005 5:06 PM
180 or so is still much nicer than the 120 or so I've got at the flywheel ...
As for the stock injectors ... are they reliable enough to hold up? I remember reading somewhere that there aren't aftermarket injectors for the 2.2 ohv (as opposed to the 2200).
Also, another noobish question .... things like new clutch aside, and assuming I'm not savvy enough with cars to piece together my own kit, what kind of price am I looking at for a full kit (all the bits and pieces, intercooler, piping, etc)?

Monday, February 28, 2005 5:09 PM
couple thousand

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 5:40 PM
What about the injectors? I'm sure I'd have to get a fuel pump, fpr, or something ... but would the stock injectors be suitable?

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:48 AM
I've read that the stock 2.2 injectors are good for about 5 psi, probably 4psi to be safe ... But you can get some Accel injectors from JCWhitney I believe, also CavalierConnection as them too.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 3:46 PM
Yeah, I see them there on the site ... but are they for the 2.2 ohv? I was really under the impression (although I could be wrong) that there are no aftermarket injectors for the 2.2 ohv (as opposed to the 2200).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search