Even more newbies - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Even more newbies
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:51 AM
Hey all. I should have joined a long time ago. Guess I was just being lazy. I have a little problen that I posted on the First Gen forum under "not running right" please if anyone out there can help it would be greatly appreciated. By the way from what I've seen so far on the site it seems that the majority of the peepes here really got their act together. Great site.

James

Re: Even more newbies
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:11 PM
the people that frequent the first gen forum will see the thread, there's no need to make a cross post (which is against the rules) in any other forum.

as a future reference, please read these: http://www.j-body.org/forums/rules.php

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:09 PM
No problem thaks for the heads up
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:30 PM
welcome

i noticed this

70 chevelle-

Future:
don't want to give away any secrets. Only a close few know what is going into it. Lets just say it should be between 1300-1600hp. As well as a daily driver. But we will see and hope for the best.

thats aiming way too high, sures it doable but it costs quite alot and could never be a daily driven car, not even a weekend driver.

anything past 600-700 hp i wouldnt consider a daily.

-Borsty
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:23 PM
It really depends on rearend gearing, transmission gearing, as well as cam timing and how you run your power adders. Dont get me wrong I don't expect to do it overnight, I'm hoping within the next 3 to 4 years I can complete it. Rough estimated cost shoul be around 20 to 25k for everything. I'm doing the majority of work myself. What I don't have the tools or experience to do right the first time I have connections for.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:08 PM
AdarMagnus wrote:It really depends on rearend gearing, transmission gearing, as well as cam timing and how you run your power adders. Dont get me wrong I don't expect to do it overnight, I'm hoping within the next 3 to 4 years I can complete it. Rough estimated cost shoul be around 20 to 25k for everything. I'm doing the majority of work myself. What I don't have the tools or experience to do right the first time I have connections for.

ha ha That thing would have to have a full roll cage to even be leagal at the track. That would be some door slamer.

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:25 PM
Very true, at a sanctioned track. However the drags out here are run out off of an small airport's runway. Right now its the only setup in town. I don't plan on putting in a full cage probably an 8 or 10 point. On this you guys will just have to trust me at the fact that I know what V8's are capable of. I grew up in the early 80's and grew up on N/A big blocks, and Olds Rockets. V8's are my thing. I just have to give credit to guys that can legitimately prove that they can build a 10 or 12 sec. 4 banger without Mommy and Daddy's credit cards, and actually doing some of the work themselves. Don't ask me to re-pin an ecu on a Honda or install a V-Tec controller without getting instructions. But I'm learning.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:41 PM
still youd either need a crazy sick big engine boosted or a big engine running like 21 psi with 110 octance race fuel.

either way no way it could be a daily. even with a low low rearend gear.

never be a daily unless u get a electronic restrictor plate system and highly technical FI management system and other crap.

i kno v8s too man, 1300 is achieveable, good to have high goals, but youll never drive it in on the streets.

my one friend has a crazy sick 454 built bored to 468, the works etc, hes get a supercharger and some other goodies this winter, and itll be about 700-800 hp. on a car he will drive on the street, but not much.

im a realist, it is good to have sky high goals, but, eh idk. think whatever u want, what do I care. good luck.

-Borsty
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:49 PM
Well here's to hoping.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search