New Car (right place?) - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Car (right place?)
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:28 PM
Hey all I am considering getting a newer cavy than my current. I was looking at this one. Now, the description says that its a Z24, although tonight I went and looked at the car and its only an LS Sport. Could I get the stealership to knock a few hundred off because of this? I mean the car is very clean and all but I dont think that I should have to pay for a Z when in fact I'm not getting one. And by the way, I wasnt really sure as to where to post this so mods be gentle.

Re: New Car (right place?)
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:47 PM
They want WAAAYY too much, you can buy an 04 brand new for like $9000

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:57 PM
But with all those options? Besides I really dont care for the look of newer cavys. Should I mention the price of new when wheelin and dealin on the price?
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:39 PM
that is still way to much even with all those options. you can get a brand new 05 for $10,000

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:31 AM
You have to remember he's in canada, prices are much higher here than they are in the states.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:08 AM
WpgCavy Z24 wrote:You have to remember he's in canada, prices are much higher here than they are in the states.

except for the fact that the dealership link he gave is in michigan. its still too high. and an ls sport is basically a z. they stopped calling them z's in mid 02 when they changed from the 2.4l to the 2.2l ecotec.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:29 AM
Who said I was in canada? I live in MI. Well I did find another LS Sport for about 8500 with 4k more miles on it, should I try to talk the dealership in the link above down to a price a lot closer than that or should I look elsewhere?
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:46 AM
They still refured to the 2002 Ecotecs as Z24's my guess is because of the package.....power everything, and Zskirting

I dont know if you will be able to work him down cuz the ecotec is not a worse engine then a 2.4........if it was a 2200 and he said it was a Z then yea make him drop the price.

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:37 AM
go on autotrader.comto find a car. thats how i found mine

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:07 PM
i see a trail blazer?

Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:12 PM
New 2005 4WD Ext. TrailBlazer
Exterior: Dk. Gray Metallic
Interior: Ebony Leather

um well its not a Z24 thats for sure.

-Borsty

Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:39 PM
Hmm...they must have changed the link on their site...new linky
Friday, March 04, 2005 9:25 AM
Looks like a white Impala to me. If they are misrepresenting the car as a Z, regardless of the motor, they ought to work with you on the price. Go to kelly blue book site, and run prices on a 2002 Z24, and a 2002 LS Sport. Also, the 2002 Z24 has different wheels than the LS sport did. either way, thery're asking too much. I got a 2002 Z24 last November for $7200.00. Auto trader online is also a great site to find these cars.

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N
Friday, March 04, 2005 9:38 AM
well i see a 2003 astro van
If they call that a Z. Im gonna buy that. Yeah Right, OK!

3800 series II supercharged swap in progress
Not now, but someday!
Friday, March 04, 2005 12:00 PM
Well they obviously keep changing the link. Here is a new link to the used cars, like I said its the blue Cavy.
Friday, March 04, 2005 12:03 PM
Crap...stupid link doesnt work quite right. O-well. The only reason I wanted one from the dealership was because I was told that you could get a warranty on some used vehicles. I dont want a brand new one because I dont care for the new look. Well thanks for the input I am going to see how much I can talk them down and if its not to my liking then I will go elsewhere.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 1:51 PM
i've seen a white trailblazer, a red trailblazer, an impala, and the opening page....

um..... i wouldn't buy it if the dealership can't even keep the site right....

I'm tellin' Uncle Ben!! You stole his RICE!!

"premiere cavalier" coming soon to a street near you!!
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:01 PM
The white 2000 cav is a Z. A little expensive still for a 2000. but if they're negotiable, maybe woth it.

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:11 PM
I have decided not to go throught that dealership...he wont move on the price at all.
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:16 PM
mike k wrote:I have decided not to go throught that dealership...he wont move on the price at all.

smart move

-Borsty
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search