intro - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
intro
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:30 AM
Hey. I know i have posted a few topics before but I am a newbie with this car. I just got it back from the dealership after a problem and its better than ever. While it was in the shop i've been reading up on my car. I was looking to do my interior red, i looked at a couple of people's interior here. I really want to paint my dash (covering the gauges, radio, hvac lights) and no im not a pro, but i wanna start small like the defroster vent on the top of the dash. I like how the dash is so how would I go about it, clean it really well, primer, paint. Let me know what you think I should do. Thanks

Re: intro
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:38 AM
clean it really well, sand it smooth starting with about a 650 grit sand paper (that is, if you want it smooth, otherwise if you like the texture you can just primer it). primer, paint and clear coat.

painting the interior is something that some people take very seriously and say that it must be done with automotive paint and a compressor/gun setup. that will give very good results, but if you just want a decent paint job, you can use rattle cans. practice on a few small parts first, just in case you screw anything up.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:45 AM
what should i use to clean it just soap and water. I went to discount auto parts and i seen a red spray can for the interior and they have like a packet for wipes or something like that used to clean what your gonna paint. Would that help out with it?
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 5:05 AM
if you use soap and water, make sure you rinse all the soap off of the pieces. otherwise it'll ruin the paint job.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:21 PM
how long should i wait between primer, paint, and gloss. Wut type of spray can would u prefer.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:00 AM
i think when i painted mine it said to wait like 30minutes....but if im not mistaken i waited a little longer just to make sure they were dry. it should say on the back of the can tho......

just a little FYI from me...dont do it in the house...it tends to piss everyone else off..lol

"Might be slow, but its cute as hell"
Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:20 PM
i love the sanded look.... paint probably goes on better with a smooth surface too

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search