relocate the battery 2000 cavy - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
relocate the battery 2000 cavy
Friday, March 04, 2005 4:34 PM

i am getting a new intake manifold and the battery is kinda in the way has anyone moved the battery in the spot where the stock intake box was? is there a battery relocation kit for the 2000 cavaliers?

Re: relocate the battery 2000 cavy
Friday, March 04, 2005 4:43 PM
Put it in the trunk.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, March 04, 2005 4:55 PM
how hard is it to do that?
Friday, March 04, 2005 4:57 PM
Its pretty easy, you can buy relocation kits, securing the battery is the hardest part, use a really short ground wire.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Friday, March 04, 2005 5:51 PM
dont run your wire like hpspy either

-Borsty
Friday, March 04, 2005 9:15 PM
funny you say that borsty. i believe you were one of the masses saying it was going to short out immediately. well lets see...installed in december and its now march without a single issue...guess what......THAT MAKES YOU WRONG. sorry you dont like it but its functioning quite nicely. makes it very easy to work under the hood too.

oh and its been on gravel roads, through construction zones, through a snowbank (dont ask), up and down on a lift a ton of times. and the occasional nice road here in the chicago area.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:49 PM
hypsy wrote:funny you say that borsty. i believe you were one of the masses saying it was going to short out immediately. well lets see...installed in december and its now march without a single issue...guess what......THAT MAKES YOU WRONG. sorry you dont like it but its functioning quite nicely. makes it very easy to work under the hood too.

oh and its been on gravel roads, through construction zones, through a snowbank (dont ask), up and down on a lift a ton of times. and the occasional nice road here in the chicago area.

no offense hypsy, but just cause it's lasted two months doesn't mean it will never get broken.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:12 PM
i never said it would NEVER get broken. it could get broken inside the car too. but he was one of many saying i would have issues immediately. just had to let him know he was wrong....again

Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:16 PM
just out of curiousity? whats so wrong with how hypsy did his relocate?
Monday, March 07, 2005 1:20 AM
cause hes a tool

caviefreak: Ya know what I like about winter. Ya can get a bunch of beer out of the fridge and put it in the window sill so ya dont have to make as many trips out to the fridge
Monday, March 07, 2005 1:22 AM
use a short ground and you will have less problems

caviefreak: Ya know what I like about winter. Ya can get a bunch of beer out of the fridge and put it in the window sill so ya dont have to make as many trips out to the fridge

Monday, March 07, 2005 1:23 AM
kris ritchie wrote:just out of curiousity? whats so wrong with how hypsy did his relocate?

he ran the positive wire along the underside of the car where a rock or any sort of debris could possibly come up and damage it.

Monday, March 07, 2005 8:04 AM
hypsy wrote:funny you say that borsty. i believe you were one of the masses saying it was going to short out immediately. well lets see...installed in december and its now march without a single issue...guess what......THAT MAKES YOU WRONG. sorry you dont like it but its functioning quite nicely. makes it very easy to work under the hood too.

i never saw when u first did it, nor did i say anything.

i just said thats a wrong and dangerous way to run a power line.

-Borsty
Monday, March 07, 2005 6:24 PM
ahhhh, that is pretty lazy, to not run it through the interior IMO, but i am lost to the advantage/disadvantge of the lenght of the ground wire?
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:59 PM
actually its not lazy. its called easier. and perfectly safe. if i can find the pics of when i put my car into a ditch avoiding a deer ill post them. the wire didnt get even a blade of grass stuck around it. its tucked up next to the "frame rail" dealy on the underside. you aint gonna hit this without a well placed shot. and the odds are against that. if it happens it happens. although im not expecting it to any time soon. there was some actual thought put into this. but of course no one would do that would they. its all gotta be done just like everyone else does it or says it has to be done.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:02 PM
tell me it is not along side the fuel lines?
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:33 PM
no its not. you might try clicking the image in my sig and go to my page to see it. as i said its actually got thought into it. i dont do things like this half-assed.

now intakes are a different story

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 1:40 PM
i did look at your pics, gotta give ya props, car looks good, but i still think running it through the interior is a better way, but hey, to each there own, i t is your car, and you like it, so who cares.. and nobody has a more half ass intake than i do... wich will be resolved thurs, thank god! either way, car looks good
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search