trunk lid - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trunk lid
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:11 PM
I have an 03 Cav with remote trunk release. Does it supposed to open all the all the way when I press the button or do I have to open it myself. It's a little hard to open for me, I have to apply a little extra pressure to open it.

Re: trunk lid
Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:30 PM
I have an 02 and when you push the button on the remotew the trunk pops up but NOT all the way up. you have to do the rest of the work.

what do you mean..."you have to apply a little extra pressure to open it."
do you mean its stiff when you push the trunk it self? or you have to push the button on the remote really hard in order for it to pop the trunk?

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:15 PM
I mean that it's stiff when I open it. When I push the button I can hear it open, but it won't open as easily as it used to.
Friday, March 04, 2005 5:31 AM
my wife and i both have '04 cavaliers. her trunklid pops open all the way, while mine just unlocks and comes up 2 inches.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:16 PM
adjust your pressure bars for the trunk lid its 2 bars on a brace looks like this UUU three different settings

-LamboCav-
Saturday, March 05, 2005 11:32 PM
Thanks I look at that tomorrow.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:40 AM
be carefull ... its very spring loaded if you loose grip on it , it will pops and you can hurt pretty badly ... use a steel tube ... if you can .. then put the little bar inside then just lift the bar up a notch ... till you get it where you want it (X2)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search