if only looking for sound...... - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
if only looking for sound......
Sunday, March 06, 2005 6:23 PM
hey, if i'm only looking for a nice sound when i push the pedal, should an intake go first or a performance muffler? i'm budgeted, so i'm doing this step by step

Re: if only looking for sound......
Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:21 PM
Muffler w/Resonated Tips would probably be the best if you are looking for a nice sound!

Or, do what I did! Use a hacksaw and cut off the muffler!

Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:31 PM
just bought an hks muffler for it, think i'll get an intake too, hell, i get paid this week........

besides, it's credit, everyone take it!!

Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:41 PM
if you want a big change in sound hook it up with a header along with your exhaust and intake..

i have a weaponR header, rksport intake, for exhaust i have a 20'' glasspack.. sounds mean..
good luck.
Sunday, March 06, 2005 7:44 PM
yeah, on a budget though

perhaps a future purchase

Monday, March 07, 2005 3:16 PM
then just save your money for now and get what you really want later. who knows maybe you will want something different in a few weeks/months. hell if you want something that sounds good when you put your foot on the gas boost it, i wish i could. save what you can when you can and put it into a savings acccount that you can't get too with your atm card, that way you have to think aboot getting your money out and why on the way to the bank.

or you can just blow it now, it's only up to you.

Monday, March 07, 2005 3:32 PM
pretty sure this is the way i'm going tobogan, this is just for the sake of having fun, not intended for racing right now............right now

Monday, March 07, 2005 4:27 PM
I agree. I would highly recommend saving and doing it all at once. I did the slapping a nice muffler on it, then when you get headers and a highflow cat that nice sound sometimes changes to something not so nice. My one buddy here on the org did that. Had a nice muffler on, sounded good minus the highflow cat and header, then when he added those 2 items, it sounded extremely weed wackish. I just saved and did it all at once and now im finally satisfied and have the sound I want. Just a suggestion.

Absolute Finest President
Hit us up at www.AbsoluteFinest.org
also checkout www.cnfxperformance.com

Monday, March 07, 2005 5:04 PM
i'm keeping you busy eh alvie!!
thanks for all your advice though, it's greatly appreciated! i don't have plans to add much more than the muffler and perhaps intake, i say that now, but i also said i'd stop after the system... if you see me on here in a month saying i'm pissed that i added a muffler and intake, now added headers etc and it sounds like i've got a crap john deere trimmer sticking out my ass end, politely give me a HUGE told ya so!!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 4:20 PM
Hahaha.....alright man i'm holding you to that. LOL.

Absolute Finest President
Hit us up at www.AbsoluteFinest.org
also checkout www.cnfxperformance.com

Friday, March 11, 2005 6:13 PM
oh yeah...i put on a header, cat and 2 1/2 inch cat back with a magnaflow muffler and it sounds like crap. well it sounds like a open pipe racecar...which tend to sound like crap. IMO the best sounding mufflers are flowmaster...40 series delta flow is good...50 or 60 series will sound similar but quieter.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Friday, March 11, 2005 6:53 PM
Ian,
put a resonator in your exhaust pipe. it will quiet the sound down some

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search