Another newbie - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another newbie
Sunday, March 06, 2005 8:35 PM
Hello all,

Here's my story why I purchased the now obsolete Cav. I'm cheap!
I was looking for basic transportation w/ a little omph in the engine and good MPG.

Looked at the SRT-4. Liked the ride, hated the insurance. I know I'd be getting speeding tickets! That speed comes with a cost of premium gas too.

Was close on a stripped down Focus ZX3, but then I realized that the package 'SE' didn't have a tach w/ the manual transmission. (Option or get SES)

Enter the Cav Special Value. Ecotec had more power than the base Duratec on the ZX3. MPG looked close. Cav was much cheaper-and it had the tach.

I hope I won't be complaining a few months from now on how 'CHEAP' that Cav is!!

Cheers!

Re: Another newbie
Monday, March 07, 2005 1:23 AM
the cav is a cheap car but i own it over a focus any day thats why i own 2

caviefreak: Ya know what I like about winter. Ya can get a bunch of beer out of the fridge and put it in the window sill so ya dont have to make as many trips out to the fridge
Monday, March 07, 2005 4:35 AM
Welcome to J-Body.. Hang around here for a few months and you wont care about how slow your cav is right now because the next thing you know you'll be modding it all up along with an engine swap.

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:14 AM
those Fukus ZX3 are slow.
you made a good choice.
welcome to the org

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 07, 2005 5:44 PM
Welcome to the org. There's a lot to learn, and the people here are really helpful. Besides, FORD stands for Found On Road Dead! Cavy & Fires looks ten times better than a Focus.

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 4:18 AM
Fix Or Repair Daily

Beat it like it owes you money
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 2:06 PM
welcome

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:44 AM
welcome..like others said you wont be caring how slow your car is if you stick around...i have a slow cav but i dont care im just gonna keep modding it and it will be fast. but yea good choice on picking the cav and not the focus..
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 5:14 PM
For those who haven't seen my arrival, im on v6z24.com, my name is brent. I posted on the 2nd gen column here about an hour ago. By the way, Blackout, Im loving your 3rd gen bro, looks awesome.
Monday, March 21, 2005 6:46 PM
yeah i agree with Brent rogers about your car blackout....anyway...i've got a 99 cav z24 5spd and my friend with a zx3 5spd wants me to race him...i'm a little better driver than him i think...i was curious if anyone has raced one and if i could beat him, cuz if i dont i'll have to hear about it everyday until i do.
Monday, March 21, 2005 8:49 PM
Another newbie here just saying hi... I have a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire..Black...not even the 2.4, but oh yes a 2.2! How special huh?? Works for me though, Bought it as a bank repo... any of you guys missing your cars? Still having a problem with the radio though.. case anyone wants to help! Anyways..that's me...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search