please help newbie, need to know if.... - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
please help newbie, need to know if....
Monday, March 07, 2005 1:16 PM
can someone please check the link below and let me know if this looks legit for an intake? i'm on a budget, and this price is real good........also, is a 2.2 cavalier intake interchangeable with a 2.2 sunfire?
thanks for taking the time to help a newbie!

Re: please help newbie, need to know if....
Monday, March 07, 2005 1:17 PM
forgot to click email response........sorry about saying link, didn't realize pic would work

Monday, March 07, 2005 1:24 PM
that should fit in your car

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 07, 2005 1:31 PM
thanks 99!!

Monday, March 07, 2005 1:39 PM
as long as it says the same year and size of the engine, then yes, it'll fit just fine. you won't notice much gain, but it's a start.

Monday, March 07, 2005 1:43 PM
in all honesty cannon, i'm looking for a nice sound before performance, that will come though as hours improve at work.........aka, money.
i'm on the fence with this, but have purchased an hks muffler

Monday, March 07, 2005 2:58 PM
noise doesn't make horsepower, horsepower makes noise. worry about how your car performs before you worry about what intake sounds the best. cause sound is mostly determined by the exhaust setup you have. if you just slap a cheap muffler on stock pipe, it'll sound bad and perform only slightly better than stock. if you get a full exhaust (header, high flow cat, and cat back to good muffler) then not only will it sound good, but it will perform much better. i know the ebay ads say that those intakes create a "nice deep sound". i have one on my car, and the sound is almost exactly the same. i can hear the intake sucking in air, but that's the only sound difference.

Monday, March 07, 2005 4:29 PM
Well said cannon.

Absolute Finest President
Hit us up at www.AbsoluteFinest.org
also checkout www.cnfxperformance.com

Monday, March 07, 2005 5:00 PM
good advice cannon..will keep that in mind

Monday, March 07, 2005 5:50 PM
That looks very similair to the i slapped onto my cavy.

identical in fact, except my filter looks a little different. I had to cut off about 6 inches to make my that intake fit, and buy a special 90 degree rubber boot to make it fit, but other than that it works without a hitch. I gota very nice deep sound, especially between 3 and 4 thousand rpm. If you end up going with that there are a number of people who have done the same thing who can help you out including myself .

Monday, March 07, 2005 6:12 PM
thanks pbc, if i do choose to get that one, i'm sure you'll hear from me!

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:30 PM
No problem.

I have no idea what engine the intake you have shown there is for, the one I picked up for like 60 bucks was from autozone and was for like a civic or integra or something. Works just as well as a 150 dollar intake for our cars. I also have a tiny amount of hood rub, but thats insignificant to me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search